Universal Jet Aviation...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well lets see, where should we start.

1-I am not accusing you of being a 300 hour wonder boy. Read the statement a little more carefuly, between the lines if you will.

2-Credible and qualified women pilots are fine with me too. I am not against women here, sir, I am against 300-800 hour so called pilots possesing superhuman inteligence. I once had a student who kept pushing HER being recodnised as a genious in my face. She could not fly to save her life, despite her alleged IQ. There are very few things in life that can replace experience when it comes to flying. Even MENSA's brightest will have trouble flying a jet to the tee with 300 hours of CE172 time.

3-Networking: I don't care how good your social skills are, but if I have a Lear that I would like to keep in the condition that its in righ now, I am not hiring a low time pilot. Network well, huh? What can a 300 hour pilot sell you on, in order to convince you to hire him/HER to fly your Lear? Would you not rather have a pilot with 2000+ hours, multi time up the wazoo, and jet time to boot? I know I would. I'd hire a low timer to wash the plane, build time instructing, and maybe, just maybee I'll let him fly me around in a year or two.

4-Politics: hated them in 121 world, hate them to this day in the 135/91 world. Nuf said.

To summarize, I'd rather see good things happen to people who worked hard to get where they are going, rather than talk sweet.

BluDevAv8r said:
But...she is also a very intelligent person who happens to be driven, ambitious, have solid morals and a great work ethic. She is also a good pilot with good instincts and is every bit as passionate about this aviation industry as the rest of us. She will do very well in this industry, despite the jealousy and stereotyping by some and the misdirected venom and idiocy by others. She definitely does not deserve any of the above.

I am intelligent, driven, ambitious, have great morals and work ethics, have decent pilot skills with great instincts, BUT I didn't get a job flying a Lear at 300 hrs.:bawling: Why not?? Quick answer, I'm a male!!:laugh: :laugh: :beer:

Females are going to get jobs because of gender and looks (over more highly qualified candidates, male or female), and can bet people are going to react the same as they do now. Like it or not, it will not change!!!!:erm:

say again said:
I am intelligent, driven, ambitious, have great morals and work ethics, have decent pilot skills with great instincts, BUT I didn't get a job flying a Lear at 300 hrs.:bawling: Why not?? Quick answer, I'm a male!!:laugh: :laugh: :beer:

Females are going to get jobs because of gender and looks (over more highly qualified candidates, male or female), and can bet people are going to react the same as they do now. Like it or not, it will not change!!!!:erm:

This is an entirely different issue than what I was initially upset about. I am not a proponent, believe it or not, of putting under-qualified people in airplanes. What I was upset about was that people were publicly slamming an individual - a good one at that - when she did nothing wrong but take an opportunity...especially since most of the people on this thread don't know the first thing about her.

-Neal

STREAKS said:
Well lets see, where should we start.

1-I am not accusing you of being a 300 hour wonder boy. Read the statement a little more carefuly, between the lines if you will.

2-Credible and qualified women pilots are fine with me too. I am not against women here, sir, I am against 300-800 hour so called pilots possesing superhuman inteligence. I once had a student who kept pushing HER being recodnised as a genious in my face. She could not fly to save her life, despite her alleged IQ. There are very few things in life that can replace experience when it comes to flying. Even MENSA's brightest will have trouble flying a jet to the tee with 300 hours of CE172 time.

3-Networking: I don't care how good your social skills are, but if I have a Lear that I would like to keep in the condition that its in righ now, I am not hiring a low time pilot. Network well, huh? What can a 300 hour pilot sell you on, in order to convince you to hire him/HER to fly your Lear? Would you not rather have a pilot with 2000+ hours, multi time up the wazoo, and jet time to boot? I know I would. I'd hire a low timer to wash the plane, build time instructing, and maybe, just maybee I'll let him fly me around in a year or two.

4-Politics: hated them in 121 world, hate them to this day in the 135/91 world. Nuf said.

To summarize, I'd rather see good things happen to people who worked hard to get where they are going, rather than talk sweet.

You did suggest I "might be one of those dudes" when referring to a low time jet new hire.

We put 500-1000 hour pilots in our jets at ExpressJet all the time. Many do much better than the 2000 hour pilots. I'll take the smarter and more capable person over the person with more hours any day of the week. Attitude goes a long way in my book.

That said, networking is how the world works - especially jobs in the corporate world. I'd get used to it if I were you.

-Neal

quit your crying all 3 of you. Im sure you all have jobs who cares about this girl.

BluDevAv8r said:
This is an entirely different issue than what I was initially upset about. I am not a proponent, believe it or not, of putting under-qualified people in airplanes. What I was upset about was that people were publicly slamming an individual - a good one at that - when she did nothing wrong but take an opportunity...especially since most of the people on this thread don't know the first thing about her.

-Neal

Fair enough. I don't know the person, what she looks like, etc. I would agree that everyone would take the opportunity if one came up. I just think that people are having a little "fun" with the subject being that she is female, and obviously an attractive one at that. I wouldn't take it to personally, even though you are her friend, because this will go on and on forever, people won't change how they feel!!! This is what happens when you get a bunch of guys together and they see some hot pu$$y in the cockpit. It's inevitable!!!:beer:

BluDevAv8r said:
You did suggest I "might be one of those dudes" when referring to a low time jet new hire.

-Neal
This is freekin funny, pointless, yet funny!
Son, this thread is not about you being a low time punk. I am sorry you feel that it is, but its not. I am talking about pilots who work hard to get what they get (good or bad), spend years building time for crappy wages instructing for thousands of hours, flying banners, what ever, and when they qualify for something good, they get outshmoozed my a gal/guy with far less time and capability, and in some cases, as sugested by you, far less intelect. End of story.

BluDevAv8r said:

-Neal
One more thing, there champ. I wasn't slamming this little gal of yours, $exual innuendos aside. My opinion remains, want quality, put in quality time, not quality lipservice, (again keeping it clean).

did u here the one about the United Chicky who asked Chicago Center for a short cut down the road.

response, " honey your whole career has been a short cut"

i like that one.....

ps. i have flown with several female pilots. so far most of them can out fly most of us, i just liked the joke

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back