Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
I don't care about the pay or QOL, I want to know who the smokin' hot Lear 60 copilot is! Somebody has got to know who I'm talking about...

Please, for the love of god, don't post her name here.

Shamus said:
She is banging the CP, she got the job with 300 total time.

I can't believe this thread...nor can I begin to tell you how appalled and disgusted I am by this comment. The person you are discussing is a very close friend of mine. Aside from the fact that hide behind your anonymous veil and insult a very good person, it is simply pathetic that this is what you do with your spare time.

Yes, she is attractive. Yes, she got hired with low time. Yes, she is on the younger side. But...she is also a very intelligent person who happens to be driven, ambitious, have solid morals and a great work ethic. She is also a good pilot with good instincts and is every bit as passionate about this aviation industry as the rest of us. She will do very well in this industry, despite the jealousy and stereotyping by some and the misdirected venom and idiocy by others. She definitely does not deserve any of the above.

In all of my posts on this forum over the past few years, I can't tell you where I've ever gotten as pissed as I am on this one...slamming an airline is one thing. Slamming a public figure is okay too. But slamming a good honest person is just flat out wrong.

-Neal

Last edited:
BluDevAv8r said:
Yes, she is attractive. Yes, she got hired with low time. Yes, she is on the younger side.
-Neal

...yes she's got nice attributes, yes she may be a little underqualified and would have not landed this job if she were a dude, yes, yes, ohh yes...
Hey the point is BlueDivaAviator, gals have it way too easy in this industry, and pretty hard to. I mean if she looked like oh, I dont know, Bertha the arm wrestler, I don't think we'd be having this conversation right now.
I eagerly await your argument.

STREAKS said:
...yes she's got nice attributes, yes she may be a little underqualified and would have not landed this job if she were a dude, yes, yes, ohh yes...
Hey the point is BlueDivaAviator, gals have it way too easy in this industry, and pretty hard to. I mean if she looked like oh, I dont know, Bertha the arm wrestler, I don't think we'd be having this conversation right now.
I eagerly await your argument.

Well the reality of this world we live in is that people will always have it easier and better than you (and harder and worse). If you can't accept that fact, well...I don't know what to tell you. My point in my post above is that it is complete garbage (not to mention cowardly) to slander and insult someone in the manner conducted above. I wasn't arguing her qualifications Streaks. I was arguing the immaturity and ridiculousness displayed above.

Since you brought it up...would you accept a job flying Lears at 300 hours or would you turn it down and say "no thank you, I want to keep instructing." Answer honestly now of course.

If you think women have it "way too easy" then you ought to go talk to a few...see how they have been treated and the stereotypes they have dealt with in their careers.

By the way, I know a few "dudes" who have landed turbine jobs at 300 hours as well...and none were GQ cover models.

Lastly, from what I know, it isn't exactly the "dream job" of the 135 world.

-Neal

WOULD I?!?!?!
Id be the first one on top that CP.
The dudes I know that got on with low time, are the bigges a$$ kissers I've ever seen, or their daddy/uncle own half the fleet. Kiss A$$, inflate the CP, kinda the same things I guess when you thing about it. Oh by the way, I don't appreciate the dudes that get hired flying a lear with 300 hours either. Matter of fact, and you may not want to admit it, or you are one of those dudes, you dont value their presence. As far as the women having a hard time in aviation, well, they do and don't. Some people love to see a pretty face in the cockpit attached to a logbook with 326 hours and a wide eyed look (like a good friend of mine, who, by the way openly admits to women having it "way too easy" after she had 2 offers in corp flying just a couple hours prior to her commercial multi ticket, flying an Astra and a Citation). I almost cry when I think about how hard her life has been. Then again, some people like to see experience. Seems to be the case with me. I've tried to get a 135 gig out of the northwest, I look pretty good for a dude (or so my wife keeps telling me), and, to this point, no luck. Maybee I lack experience?
You are right about one thing. Some people do have it a lot easier, and some a heck of a lot harder.

Last edited:
STREAKS said:
WOULD I?!?!?!
Id be the first one on top that CP.
The dudes I know that got on with low time, are the bigges a$$ kissers I've ever seen, or their daddy/uncle own half the fleet. Kiss A$$, inflate the CP, kinda the same things I guess when you thing about it. Oh by the way, I don't appreciate the dudes that get hired flying a lear with 300 hours either. Matter of fact, and you may not want to admit it, or you are one of those dudes, you dont value their presence. As far as the women having a hard time in aviation, well, they do and don't. Some people love to see a pretty face in the cockpit attached to a logbook with 326 hours and a wide eyed look (like a good friend of mine, who, by the way openly admits to women having it "way too easy" after she had 2 offers in corp flying just a couple hours prior to her commercial multi ticket, flying an Astra and a Citation). I almost cry when I think about how hard her life has been. Then again, some people like to see experience. Seems to be the case with me. I've tried to get a 135 gig out of the northwest, I look pretty good for a dude (or so my wife keeps telling me), and, to this point, no luck. Maybee I lack experience?
You are right about one thing. Some people do have it a lot easier, and some a heck of a lot harder.

Sorry, but I definitely didn't get hired anywhere at 300 hours...except at a mom and pop flight school instructing in 152's. Be careful about those accusations you threw out...remember what "assuming" does.

I know a few folks that have been hired to fly jets at 300-800 hours and most were very intelligent people who did fine in the jet. They were most definitely not ass-kissers. Some were interns...others were people who networked well...etc. There are people at Continental Airlines (mainline) that were hired in the past 6 months with minimum time at the age of 23-25. Were they "qualified?" Maybe, maybe not. But they got an opportunity that most of us wished we had and they would have been idiots for not taking that opportunity.

Perhaps you should talk to some of the credible female pilots (especially some of my military friends) and ask them what kind of obstacles they've dealt with in their professional career. Or talk to my civilian friends and ask them how often they hear comments when passengers walk by the cockpit of their plane. There will always be dirty old corporate guys who want to have some "hot little sweety" slinging gear for them but by and large, most female pilots have it just as hard as you non-minority males (which includes me btw).

If you like politics, then the corporate world will be good for you. If you want strict seniority, go the airline route. While there are issues with the airline route, you will definitely see less politics when it comes to jobs and upward movement as it is all based off the numbers.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back