United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set said:
Good thing for UAL the bankruptcy court is located in Illinois... I can't wait to see Starfish kicking Southwest's, Jetblue's, AirTran's, Song's and Frontier's collective ar$es... Good luck.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is about the funniest string I have read on this board in many a month.

UAL lost another $336 million this quarter, blaming most of it, once again, on "one-time occurances . . .related to its ongoing Bankruptcy . . . .".

Give me a break. The "naysayers" haven't been "silenced", we have just tried to show a little respect for the dead.

Actually, I stopped posting the negatives about UAL a while ago, simpy because it wasn't sporting, but since you asked for it- turn out the lights, the party's over.

Ty, I'm sure you realize Heavy Set was being facetious with those remarks. If you thought he was serious you are slipping, and that's hard for me to watch. You're one of the few that brings some substance with the pithy comments. Heres what Heavy Set said awhile ago...

From Heavy Set
True - how can UAL survive if it continues to lose $600+ mil per quarter (with Gov't aid) - especially with the disasterous Fall quarter approaching? It's gonna be a blood bath....

Well, made it through the yearly disaster that is Fall. Here's what you said about October on Aug 20th...

From Ty Webb
Because UAL employees still don't seem to get it- the fact that if you don;t make money by October (fat chance, indeed) you are out of the bankruptcy business, and I don;t mean in a good way, either.

The numbers for October wont be announced for another 3 weeks, but they did say they will meet the DIP requirements for October. The best news lately for UAL and a lot of other companies with traditional pensions plans comes from Washington. Two Senate committees have separate bills which when reconciled will provide relief from short term pension funding. Also, UAL has to account for every penny in court once a month. Bankruptcy is expensive! They can't shift numbers around to hide operating losses. Operating profit for the quarter was 19mil. Unit revenue was up 12%, which is outpacing the industry, and UAL leads the 6 biggest carriers again in on time performance for the year. Take care.

StopNTSing said:
Where in this thread are you reading that SWA thinks they will "pull 7 out of 10" (WTF is that anyway?) specifically in PHL? What I'm hearing from the GO is aircraft flows specifically for PHL to minimize down-line effects of the inevitable PHL delays (which everyone knows we will experience...this ain't our first rodeo, after all).

Read your coworker's post then involve yourself in the conversation genius. Canyonblue said "If your airline can't get to the gate within :14 of scheduled arrival at least 7 out of 10 times, then maybe you need to focus on why the hell not." Understand the 7 out of 10 remark now! Easy to taxi to the gate in BWI, not so good in PHL.

True this ain't your first rodeo, but PHL is a whole different beast then anything else you've had yet. I'm sure SWA will make money and probably end up killing US Air, but for the whole company it creates a challenging shift in strategy. I think they would of better off in ABE.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back