• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am going to put full support to F9 driver...

The "old" carriers are (and have been) facing a difficult time keeping up the the leaner carrier. U, NW, AA UAL have way WAY too much overhead and debt obligations that their current business plan can not cover. It worked well when the stock market was paying off double digit returns yearly but times are certainly tougher. I still see the old business droping off the radar scopes due to their pension/work rule compansation issues.

For those who think this message is a "chicken little: the sky is falling" line just look back at some of the great carriers... Pan American, Eastern Airlines, Trans World Airlines, Braniff International, and the list goes on.

Hey.. I'm F9 Driver

Not that I disagree with the voice of experience, but there are two of us. f9driver vice me F9 Driver :D

Sounds like he got to see the "golden" days of aviation.

These are strange days for us flyers.

Heavy Set,

When and IF Starfish (Liberty) actually shows up with their four 320s in February I doubt many outside of this BBS will notice. IMHO-UAL may be using their LCO idea to convince potential exit financiers that the noise from the back is just a loose panel - not a death rattle.

Got to go. My crystal ball's battery is running low:)

On-Time Performance

I'm no expert, but I do believe significant reductions in AA/UAL's scheduled service (post 9/11) does tend to help their on-time performance statistics. I would attribute the improvement to the reduced schedule factor more than I would to an improvement in the respective airline's service. Not only are there less people/flights to work, but another benefit is a decrease in airport congestion and ATC delays.

Unlike most other airlines, SWA's schedule has continued to grow and profit in the post 9/11 environment. SWA's on-time performance has remained consistent (even improved slightly) when compared with their history.

SWA's on-time performance has remained consistent (even improved slightly) when compared with their history.

Tell us all about SWA's on time :14 stats after they get fleet-wide ACARS. Until then, who cares.

Mugs said:
Tell us all about SWA's on time :14 stats after they get fleet-wide ACARS. Until then, who cares.

How the hell does ACARS ruin your on-time arrival times? After all the DOT measures on-time within :14 minutes. If your airline can't get to the gate within :14 of scheduled arrival at least 7 out of 10 times, then maybe you need to focus on why the hell not. ACARS won't do crap to SWA's ontime DOT stats. I can't believe people post things like this. Are these people really flying for an Airline?:rolleyes:

resistance said:
I am going to put full support to F9 driver...

It worked well when the stock market was paying off double digit returns yearly but times are certainly tougher.

FYI, in case you haven't been paying attention, the market has had a double digit resurgence YTD. I believe over 20%. The latest economic indicators show over 7% GDP growth and 11.1% business spending growth. How does that fugure into your economic analysis?

:D

Last edited:
SWA rules! Go ACARS!! Go winglets!! Going to PHL.
Maybe our next city will be DEN?

canyonblue said:
How the hell does ACARS ruin your on-time arrival times? After all the DOT measures on-time within :14 minutes. If your airline can't get to the gate within :14 of scheduled arrival at least 7 out of 10 times, then maybe you need to focus on why the hell not. ACARS won't do crap to SWA's ontime DOT stats. I can't believe people post things like this. Are these people really flying for an Airline?:rolleyes:

So I guess you SWA folks won't have to taxi any faster huh? ;)

ACARS won't do crap to SWA's ontime DOT stats.

Hopefully not. But it will ensure those stats are recorded in the same manner as the other major carriers. By the way, you may find that you need that :14 min window operating out of PHL more often than you may think. You guys discovered that during your time operating out of SFO. Also, the congestion at the secondary airports (like MDW, which has ranked poorly the first half of this year) is steadily increasing. Every tenth of a percent counts. Just look at how close the stats are on a monthly or yearly basis.

Hey Capt.

We get paid for getting people where they need to go as safely and as quickley as possible. We don't like wasting anybodys time by dragging our feet for another .1 like other carriers do.

We taxi fast because we are ready for T/O right after pushback...we don't have to "wait for our numbers". So just get out of our way :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back