• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United will fly into Aspen with SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"since I am 6'5" and weigh 100 pounds soaking wet.(in the locker room shower....:))"

Lurch, is that you? I always wondered what happened to you after the series cancelled.

Did you say experience

Night_Flight said:
I still much rather prefer having an expierenced crew flying into Aspen with a Capt. who's been doing Aspen for 15+ years in an aircraft designed to fly slow and extremely good at high altitude airports. Fly safe at Aspen!

I wish SkyWest the best. Continue our excellent safe flying.

Better you all than Go-nbendover(Jet)!

-Night_Flight-

SkyWest has been serving Mountainous terrain longer than 15 years.

KSUN
KJAC
KBTM
KBZN
KMSO
KRNO
KHLN

There are a few for you to chew on.

Halo_RJdriver said:

KSUN
KJAC
KBTM
KBZN
KMSO
KRNO
KHLN

You left out the highest elevation airport in North America...We flew into Telluride out of LAX.

Northwest announced direct MSP-HLN service awhile back without doing any of the performance engineering necessary. After a bunch of press releases, an advertising campaign, selling loads of seats, and a fancy little ceremony at the HLN airport they discovered that Pinnacle would need flaps 8 in their CRJ's to be able to take enough people to make it worth while. Northwest then canceled the service for about 10 months while they reevaluated their decision to order all CRJ's with only flaps 20.

That's interesting. When we flew into HLN, our books gave us better numbers for flaps 20. I think they just make all this stuff up anyway. In SLC, we would often be performance limited to a much lower weight than SKYW in the same airplane.

Leadville has the highest public-use (I threw that in in case there is a private strip that I haven't heard of) paved strip in the US.

Telluride I believe is the highest elevation airport served by scheduled 121 carriers.

I don't know if they have different approaches or not but all the approaches I have seen into ASE do not allow for cat d approaches. Is it possible for them to shoot the approach at cat c speeds. Just wondering?

propjockey said:
Telluride I believe is the highest elevation airport served by scheduled 121 carriers.

Since this 121 carrier is GLA, why don't they fly into ASE?

Oh yeah, it's that turboprop thing. The affluent cannot subject themselves to such "slumming". Unless it's for a good pint at McStorlies...

Cheers,
SCR

True, the 1900 would be an excellent plane to take into ASE. But I think you're absolutely right about Aspen people believing that a 1900 is far, far beneath them. (Doesn't Mesa also do TEX in the Dash?)

There were times when I wished I could tell the occasional Sun Valley pax (just like Aspen, for those unfamiliar) "if you were half as rich as you think you are, you'd be flying here in a Gulfstream instead of a Brasilia!"

Halo_RJdriver said:

KSUN
KJAC
KBTM
KBZN
KMSO
KRNO
KHLN

Yeah in a E120 so what.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back