• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United will fly into Aspen with SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many of those airports are done in the CL-65. BTM, MSO, HLN, RNO.

"So What"? Well, even in the EMB-120 it is a challenge, but I am sure you already knew that.

everyone stop your bashing one another....jeeze! who cares who does ASE, i do it now and about 1 in 10 times think its fun.....i have terrible weather luck there and going missed or going to mins there is NOT fun. Sure i woudl like to keep going there if it meant job security...sure i would like a western base.....sure i would like to keep flying the Avro......i would like to win the lottery too, but in the end, i have no chance in effecting none of these things....what i can do...is not bash one another about who is cool enough to fly into ASE......get off it already...

Bandit60 said:
I don't know if they have different approaches or not but all the approaches I have seen into ASE do not allow for cat d approaches. Is it possible for them to shoot the approach at cat c speeds. Just wondering?

The crj-700 is a cat C airplane. The -200 is cat D.

homerjdispatch said:
The crj-700 is a cat C airplane. The -200 is cat D.
WOW your ref speed in the 700 while in a circling configuration is a catagory C...im impressed...remember that all of the approaches into ASE are circling approaches so you have to base your ref speed on circling configs.

NEDude said:
It's not just any approach however. If you are referring to the Red Table Contact Maneuver, the approach plate states it is for the BAe-146. Additionally the published balked landing procedures refer to specific BAe-146 flap and airbrake configurations. I don't see how anyone can fly an approach that states it is specifically for one type of aircraft. I don't claim to be an expert and could be proven wrong. I am just reading what the plate says.

Are you sure those plates arent tailored for your company. I have plates into ASE and I bet they are very very close to the same ones you have. Except they have particular settings for the DO-328.

Hey General,
Those DO-228, they woudn't happen to have been old Lone Star Airlines a/c would they?

Yonited is so cheap that if someone bought numbers that say the 700 can do ASE they will choose the crj just to save money no mater what the cost.

It is just a matter of WHEN not IF a 700 WILL be planted in ASE!!!

SimHo said:
Yonited is so cheap that if someone bought numbers that say the 700 can do ASE they will choose the crj just to save money no mater what the cost.

It is just a matter of WHEN not IF a 700 WILL be planted in ASE!!!

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, huh smart guy?

AF :uzi:

Oh yea,
Don’t even start to get a warm feeling of respect for that craphole you work at. It has no history (any good) or tradition/respect in this industry. So don’t get your panties in a wad defending it. Its a garbage can filled with garbage and you are a big-mac wrapper. You are the AIDS monkey...

FlyHIToo said:
GJ actually got out bid on this flying. SKYwest under cut GJ on this one. In the GJ bid they said to do it safe they could not take 66 pax year around SkyWest said they could. GoodLuck.

Point is GJ was out bid by SKYWEST.

Latest resources

Back