United will fly into Aspen with SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WSurf said:
Ignore General! The dude must be the biggest nerd trolling the Regional section of a website!! Get a life!! You spend more time worrying about others!! You need to be worrying more about your pension at this point!!!

Yeah, and you are a Dash-8 flying STUD MUFFIN. You sound stupid. And, I know the pension is gone, and I still have 20 years to make up for it. We will likely get the same deal as United---which is a 15% match for every pay check towards our new 401Ks. That is huge. I will still have a million $ or more after 20 years. How about you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Tim47SIP said:
SkyWest flights will be United's fancier regional "explus" jet service on 66-seat Canadair RJ-700 regional jets that have economy, economy plus and first-class sections.

Is this a 700? What is the exact configuration? Possibly a 705 or 900? A 700 with 900 non derated engines would surely be more than enough to get in and out of there.

The problem is that it's too high performance, and there are doubts about whether its slick wing will let it circle slowly enough to safely accomplish the balked landing procedure.

Don't forget the 700 has slats. The approach speed is slow enough to get in there.

Tim,

I think this current SkyWest CR7 is the -700, with 66 seats. (first class section included)

Bye Bye--General Lee

WSurf said:
Yea, I DH'ed on a flight that had 70 Peps on board! I was really surprised with its performance. This thing is a totally different beast then the CRJ-200. Now one thing I dont know is the Single Engine Climb rate. But landing and taking off there should be no problem.
I think some feathers are being ruffled thats all.

You really sound like an aviation nerd here. Did you have yogurt in your shorts too? Were you really surprised? Were you? Dumba$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Yeah, and you are a Dash-8 flying STUD MUFFIN. You sound stupid. And, I know the pension is gone, and I still have 20 years to make up for it. We will likely get the same deal as United---which is a 15% match for every pay check towards our new 401Ks. That is huge. I will still have a million $ or more after 20 years. How about you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Flying big planes and rubbing it in everybodys faces because you are compensating for a little richard. Did you fly at the regionals? If so, did no one like you. From a psycological standpoint, it makes sense, coming back to rub everybodys nose in your successes. Or were you military, us regional civilians don't deserve our jobs. General eats ass muffins and likes it.

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just curious, with a 15 % match into a traditional 401 K you would max out pretty quick. I max out with a 10% match on a Dash 8 salary. is this a different situation you are refering to?

Skaff said:
Flying big planes and rubbing it in everybodys faces because you are compensating for a little richard. Did you fly at the regionals? If so, did no one like you. From a psycological standpoint, it makes sense, coming back to rub everybodys nose in your successes. Or were you military, us regional civilians don't deserve our jobs. General eats ass muffins and likes it.

Yeah, I did. I flew Dornier 228s and E120s out of MDW in the early 90s. I still remember all of that. Most people on this board didn't have to go through the krap I did back then, and now act spoiled if they make less that $30 an hour as an RJ FO. I think I made $13 an hour flying a krappy Dornier 228 around freezing cold Michigan from MDW, and a few points south like Springfield, IL. Woopie. And, I hate a$$ muffins-----but you probably love them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

dkwid said:
Just curious, with a 15 % match into a traditional 401 K you would max out pretty quick. I max out with a 10% match on a Dash 8 salary. is this a different situation you are refering to?

Well, my buddy at United on the bus says their deal is a 15% match on whatever their monthly pay check is. (He flies over 90 hours a month, not that he wants to but the lines are that high) He said the remaining pilots like the new deal a lot. If United could get that, then we likely will after the PBGC takes our pensions over.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
It probably was full of SkyWest executives cashing in on their huge bonuses in Aspen, baby! You can do that when you have one pay rate up to 99 seats......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nice to see you never pass up an opportunity to demonstrate that you are a total tool.

WSurf said:
Ignore General! The dude must be the biggest nerd trolling the Regional section of a website!! Get a life!! You spend more time worrying about others!! You need to be worrying more about your pension at this point!!!

I found that I enjoy FlightInfo a great deal more without having to look at the mindless drivel from General Lee. Just add him to your ignore list. It cuts down on the amount of time it takes to look at a thread. Recently he had over 50 posts on a single thread.

To add anyone to yor ignore list is easy.

1. Click on their username on one their posts.
2. Scroll down to "View Public Profile" and click.
3. Toward the top right you'll see "Add GeneralLee to your ignore list"
4. Click!
5. And you're done!!!

If enough people don't respond to idiotic posts the posters eventually go away.

When I did KASE in the 146, we circled at ref+5 never to exceed 130kts during the overhead. If the Canadair 70 seaters that Skywest has can do 30 degree banked turns at that speed, that solves one problem. The next problem is the engine out balked landing. The next problem after that is that AWAC owns the approach into KASE that gives the lowest approach minima.

Wsurf, nobody from AWAC is complaining about losing KASE so I don't think any feathers are being ruffled. Secondly, nobody cares about whether all engines are operating...it's the engine out performance that is critical. You know nothing about the airport or aircraft involved besides having ridden in one.

If the Dukes of Hazard fan is correct and a Skywest RJ did do an Aspen turn already, then Skywest proved to the FAA that they had the performance and training required for this special airport. Maybe it was an E-120 that did flight 1000 with 2 people and 1 checked bag...

Latest resources

Back