United will fly into Aspen with SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General are you in a panic?

I got to try that one out in the 70 sim, The SE missed approach wasn't too bad, but the go around from 50 feet was rough. At max landing weight we missed the hill on the right of the runway by about 30 feet.. sometimes! Will have to see what restrictions they put on the landing weight.. Might be able to take a full boat if you don't have alternate fuel.. etc..

Lampshade said:
I heard that they will be restricted to VFR and cap the seats to 50-40 max. Anyone heard this?

Yes, this is accurate, according to an fellow AWAC pilot who actual jumpseated with SKW and saw the internal company memo.

I'll sell SKW the rights for our LOC/DME 15 approach for an easy $10K. PM me!

FlyboyPhil said:
I got to try that one out in the 70 sim, The SE missed approach wasn't too bad, but the go around from 50 feet was rough. At max landing weight we missed the hill on the right of the runway by about 30 feet.. sometimes! Will have to see what restrictions they put on the landing weight.. Might be able to take a full boat if you don't have alternate fuel.. etc..

Were you doing the published missed from 50 feet? Or a balked procedure into a left downwind for 15?

"Yes, this is accurate, according to an fellow AWAC pilot who actual jumpseated with SKW and saw the internal company memo."

What memo??? nothing in my mailbox...

Mookie

WSurf said:
So don't come on here preaching that you guys and the BAC are the only ones that can do it right....

I still much rather prefer having an expierenced crew flying into Aspen with a Capt. who's been doing Aspen for 15+ years in an aircraft designed to fly slow and extremely good at high altitude airports. Fly safe at Aspen!

I wish SkyWest the best. Continue our excellent safe flying.

Better you all than Go-nbendover(Jet)!

-Night_Flight-

Last edited:
Your kidding right?

Uhh Ohh, not ASE! SKW doesn't have much experience flying in the mountains, this could be worry some. Someone should send General Lee in there in his 75/76 and teach the SKW pilots how it's really done.

General Lee said:
Yeah, I did. I flew Dornier 228s and E120s out of MDW in the early 90s. I still remember all of that. Most people on this board didn't have to go through the krap I did back then, and now act spoiled if they make less that $30 an hour as an RJ FO. I think I made $13 an hour flying a krappy Dornier 228 around freezing cold Michigan from MDW, and a few points south like Springfield, IL. Woopie. And, I hate a$$ muffins-----but you probably love them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No offense,

but that was in 90's dollars too. Why do we have to have it just as bad as you did? Just too pay our DUES. Thats BS. Come on General don't be a mainline primadonna, you argue more intelligent than that. Unless you're trying to be an equal opportunity offender.

Its not just to approach. Its the fact the Take off Min to a 2 engine aircraft is 5000 and 5 if I remember right. Your stuck if the weather goes down.

SkywayFO said:
Its not just to approach. Its the fact the Take off Min to a 2 engine aircraft is 5000 and 5 if I remember right. Your stuck if the weather goes down.

--------------

[FONT=Helvetica-Bold?~1a]
ASPEN, CO​
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica?~17]ASPEN-PITKIN COUNTY/SARDY FIELD

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica?~17]
TAKE-OFF MINIMUMS:​
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica-Bold?~1a]Rwy 15, [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica?~17]NA. [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica-Bold?~1a]Rwy 33[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica?~17], 3100-3
or 1000-2 with a min. climb of 460' per NM to 14000.

[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica-Bold?~1a]

--------------​
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica?~17]​

[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back