• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5 Nov Crew Resources Outlook:
"
756/76T
Since the last Crew Resources Outlook, a lot has changed on this fleet. We are retaining eight 757 ETOPS aircraft and four 76T aircraft longer than expected. We also are looking at potentially retaining more aircraft. This changes our staffing plan as it relates to the 756/76T fleet. The number of displacements we once thought we would make prior to September 2015 has been reduced substantially. In the fall of 2015, we will begin converting most of our 76T aircraft to 756 configuration. More details will be published as the transition plan comes into focus."

There probably wouldn't be a need to buy Boeing airframes; they could just pull some out of the boneyard and do some refurb/heavy checks.
I'm not sure that buying used Airbii would be worth it; they're throwaway planes. I don't think United's retired (m)any airbii.

I also heard Delta might sell their 764s to us.

That's our fault also.....

Unless you're on the BOD of either company, you have no control over senior management. Senior management is now completely dominated by ex-CONs. The ones who have control over the fate of the company.

You, me, Flopgut, exguppydriver, and the rest of the line pilots are simply oarsmen on this slaveship and have very little control over the direction the company is headed.

If you know of any line pilots who have control over anything that's been complained about on this forum, please point it out.

I also heard Delta might sell their 764s to us.

There have been rumors forever that DL and UA would "exchange" fleets to keep MX costs down. One would get all of the 757-300s, the other would get all of the 767-400s. (Between the two airlines)

Bye Bye---General Lee

There have been rumors forever that DL and UA would "exchange" fleets to keep MX costs down. One would get all of the 757-300s, the other would get all of the 767-400s. (Between the two airlines)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Interesting to get your side of the rumor too. The unfortunate part (for us) is these sorts of rumors don't come to be, at all. Things go the other way. But, like Andy posted, United is indeed bolstering the 757/767 fleets. DAL 764s look just like ours in the panel, equipment, furnishings right? *edit* 753 not a good Hawaii airplane for UAL, so a swap sorta makes sense. Worked fine at CAL (non CPDLC) Talk is that all UAL pilots will have to touch the 764 every 90 days if something is not done to standardize. You all don't do that, right? Thanks

Last edited:
Nope. Different airline to merge with but unfortunately that ship has sailed and we are now circling the drain.

You would be b!tching more if CAL tied up with either AMR or LCC. Sorry the three years of one sided growth ended. And btw, CAL management was short sighted and CAL ALPA was completely worthless. I'm perfectly happy they are gone...

You would be b!tching more if CAL tied up with either AMR or LCC. Sorry the three years of one sided growth ended. And btw, CAL management was short sighted and CAL ALPA was completely worthless. I'm perfectly happy they are gone...

That's the reality. UAL, AMR, LCC and CAL were going to end up being two airlines. There was no way that LCC or CAL would remain independent carriers, no matter how much any line pilot wished for something different.

CAL's choices were UAL and AMR. LCC wasn't an option, as Parker was looking to fold them into either UAL or AMR. For anyone who remembers, Parker was pissed off when UAL went with CAL instead of LCC.

If CAL had merged with AMR, the combined airline would have had quite a bit more route overlap than with UAL and there would have been a lot of route/aircraft/personnel reductions with a combined AMR/CAL. And all of these decisions were being made in the boardroom, not on the flight deck.

The merger's over. SLI's over. Time to get over it.

IF your gonna call it that, do it right. It was 6 years of one-sided growth. I still laugh at the fact that UAL pilots wanted to wrongly take aircraft seats that were ordered by CAL before long before the merger because they felt wronged or slighted. Sits right up there with a scab taking another pilots job. The entitlement mentality at UAL is alive and well.

IF your gonna call it that, do it right. It was 6 years of one-sided growth. I still laugh at the fact that UAL pilots wanted to wrongly take aircraft seats that were ordered by CAL before long before the merger because they felt wronged or slighted. Sits right up there with a scab taking another pilots job. The entitlement mentality at UAL is alive and well.

I guess that would be correct if CAL as a stand alone was planning on opening bases in DEN, LAX, ORD and SFO, all those new airframes ended up replacements not growth. So the fact that combined block hours has actually decreased since the anouncement of the merger those seats were actually LUAL's due to the fact that they replaced our A/C that were parked and replaced the block hours out of LUAL bases. Who ordered what didn't matter to management after the merger as they operated as a single carrier, but don't let facts get in the way of your revisionist history.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back