• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United to review new pilot applications starting next week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Might depend on how much collateral we had to use to fix the non existant work rules you CAL had K? R.N.

Huh? My non-existant L-CAL work rules haven't cross mingled to your side of the house. But your non-existant 50+ jet scope sure as hell came crashing down on my side. Yeah, there have been two big bids at CAL and it looks like growth to you guys. That is the trajectory we were on before the merger and before age 65. It would be a lot bigger if your scope had not become our problem. So why don't you guys take responsibility for the first and most immediate transgression in this newly merged relationship? I'd like to see that bare out in the contract or SLI, but I'd settle for simply seeing L-UAL get tough and vote NO if it's not what we ALL need. Just saying "let's wait and see" is not an option for the L-CAL side.

Huh? My non-existant L-CAL work rules haven't cross mingled to your side of the house. But your non-existant 50+ jet scope sure as hell came crashing down on my side. Yeah, there have been two big bids at CAL and it looks like growth to you guys. That is the trajectory we were on before the merger and before age 65. It would be a lot bigger if your scope had not become our problem. So why don't you guys take responsibility for the first and most immediate transgression in this newly merged relationship? I'd like to see that bare out in the contract or SLI, but I'd settle for simply seeing L-UAL get tough and vote NO if it's not what we ALL need. Just saying "let's wait and see" is not an option for the L-CAL side.

Your work rules and our scope are our(all of us) problem. Everything is joint. Why don't WE ALL wait and see what the contract says before we thump our chests. You must be a treat to sit next to for a multi day trip. What a jerk. That was you in IAH.

Update from a sCAL CP
October 7
Pilot Hiring: As most of you have heard, we will being hiring pilots “off the street” in the near future. We only expect to hire a small number (about 40) this year and then pick up at a very aggressive rate toward the end of the first quarter next year. That will be when the big hiring cycle will kick in The reason that we only need that small amount of pilots to fill the bid, is because we still have s-UAL pilots who have bypassed earlier recalls and now are eligible for employment and also, there is a group of pilots who we interviewed and planned to hire last cycle who will be the first to come back. So there is already a pool of pilots to draw from before taking from the street. In the meantime, many of you are asking about recommending friends and family. The first thing you need to do is have them fill out an application at Airlineapps.com. Have them list you as a reference and you will be sent an email to respond to. If you feel strongly enough about your candidate, come and see you Assistant Chief pilot with a resume and a reason you think your candidate deserves special attention. We will have a very limited number of pilots we can recommend for special treatment. Keep in that there are 2,000 pilots in EWR alone. If each one of you recommends just one, that is 50 times as many slots than we have for the entire airline.

Your work rules and our scope are our(all of us) problem. Everything is joint. Why don't WE ALL wait and see what the contract says before we thump our chests. You must be a treat to sit next to for a multi day trip. What a jerk. That was you in IAH.

I'm not going to have to read the TA to know I won't be as happy with it as you. Believe me, if you were bringing your old Contract 2000 to the party? I would be appropriately respectful. You are not. Factor that into the equation. How much enthusiasm would you have if you were me?

Last edited:
I don't know if I have an issue with skywest being non union. If their working conditions and pay are in line with like carriers then my hats off to their management. In contrast I have an issue with carriers like VA who are non union and are NOT in line with the rest of the industry. I would like to see a union there.

ALPA is so much more than having a contract. Most ALPA pilots don't even realize that so it it kind of hard to expect non union Skywest pilots to realize it as well. But have you ever heard of anyone one of them being grateful for things like ASAP, FFDO, KCM, TCAS, etc? And that's just on the safety stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not going to have to read the TA to know I won't be as happy with it as you. Believe me, if you were bringing your old Contract 2000 to the party? I would be appropriately respectful. You are not. Factor that into the equation. How much enthusiasm would you have if you were me?

Says it all. You are a psychic and a fortune teller. You're in the wrong business, you should be picking winning lottery numbers.

ALPA is so much more than having a contract. Most ALPA pilots don't even realize that so it it kind of hard to expect non union Skywest pilots to realize it as well. But have you ever heard of anyone one of them being grateful for things like ASAP, FFDO, KCM, TCAS, etc? And that's just on the safety stuff.

You make some valid points.

Just had a PC this monday, Oct 8, they said they have not so far. When I pressed they said they are looking at apps, but no interviews yet. Wouldn't give me more info then that. Gotta be soon though.

Latest resources

Back