• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United tags on gojet bags?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you talking about? There are more than 15 UA guys at Gojets now and the next 2 classs will be almost all UA guys. Are we all doing something wrong? I think you're the one that's living in the past and trying to "get yours".

TC and ALPA siad it's OK to go to GJ. We are here and that's the way it is. I REALLY couldn't care less what you think.

Enjoy the Asia commute.

What are you talking about? There are more than 15 UA guys at Gojets now and the next 2 classs will be almost all UA guys. Are we all doing something wrong? I think you're the one that's living in the past and trying to "get yours".

TC and ALPA siad it's OK to go to GJ. We are here and that's the way it is. I REALLY couldn't care less what you think.

Enjoy the Asia commute.

Whatever let's you sleep at night......have fun

If it doesn't feel right - it might not be......

It feels just fine. I ran into a TSA crew yesterday AM. We spoke for 15 mins or so. Funny thing is, they're still there and not as mad as you are. They, as well as ALL of the other guys/gals I have spoken to from TSA, and I have made it a point to speak to as many as possible both at FSI and on the road, don't seem as angry as you. Maybe I just haven't found the right (read really angry) people yet.

This industry sucks, that's the way it is. I'd much rather be in the left seat of a widebody (or narrowbody, hell, even the right seat of either) back at ATA. However, that's not in the cards. The TSA/GJ arbitration was fought and was LOST. Do you still harbor ill feelings towards the north or south from the civil war? You need to let go and get over it. It's not your fight anymore and never was my fight. I am here b/c there is an LOA from United Airlines for us to keep flying. There are MANY other UA people here and in the next few classes as well. It is not where I want to be, nor is it where many of the last 5 classes of high time people want to be but we are. There are people from ATA, MIDEX, UA, ABX, ALOHA, USAIR west among others at Gojets. Notice the common thread? They are ALL ALPA FURLOUGHEES (well, not ABX, but they had one great contract!).

Seriously, this will be my last post on this whole mess. I have tried to understand why you guys are so mad and really can't. It's long over. It sucks what is happening there (TSA) now but this is aviation. Are we mad at Mesaba guys for taking a/c from other carriers? What about Republic and Midex? How about American Eagle taking flying from TSA? Chatauqua from Expressjet? Colgan from Expressjet? What about Pinnacle? The examples are countless and that's what this industry has become. If there is a strike, I WILL NOT FLY STRUCK WORK. I will look to my union and ALPA leadership to figure that out. However, I'll say it one last time....the fight is over. If you are happy going through life angry, I can't help you.

I will say that all of the people I have met and flown with at GJ seem to be overall pretty happy. The AC are in good shape and it's not a bad place to be.

I just don't get it.

Last edited:
It feels just fine. I ran into a TSA crew yesterday AM. We spoke for 15 mins or so. Funny thing is, they're still there and not as mad as you are. They, as well as ALL of the other guys/gals I have spoken to from TSA, and I have made it a point to speak to as many as possible both at FSI and on the road, don't seem as angry as you. Maybe I just haven't found the right (read really angry) people yet.

This industry sucks, that's the way it is. I'd much rather be in the left seat of a widebody (or narrowbody, hell, even the right seat of either) back at ATA. However, that's not in the cards. The TSA/GJ arbitration was fought and was LOST. Do you still harbor ill feelings towards the north or south from the civil war? You need to let go and get over it. It's not your fight anymore and never was my fight. I am here b/c there is an LOA from United Airlines for us to keep flying. There are MANY other UA people here and in the next few classes as well. It is not where I want to be, nor is it where many of the last 5 classes of high time people want to be but we are. There are people from ATA, MIDEX, UA, ABX, ALOHA, USAIR west among others at Gojets. Notice the common thread? They are ALL ALPA FURLOUGHEES (well, not ABX, but they had one great contract!).

Seriously, this will be my last post on this whole mess. I have tried to understand why you guys are so mad and really can't. It's long over. It sucks what is happening there (TSA) now but this is aviation. Are we mad at Mesaba guys for taking a/c from other carriers? What about Republic and Midex? How about American Eagle taking flying from TSA? Chatauqua from Expressjet? Colgan from Expressjet? What about Pinnacle? The examples are countless and that's what this industry has become. If there is a strike, I WILL NOT FLY STRUCK WORK. I will look to my union and ALPA leadership to figure that out. However, I'll say it one last time....the fight is over. If you are happy going through life angry, I can't help you.

I will say that all of the people I have met and flown with at GJ seem to be overall pretty happy. The AC are in good shape and it's not a bad place to be.

I just don't get it.

Nope you don't.........

I will see you on the picket line when and if it happens.........be sure to pick up as much overtime as possible to make sure you don't pick up "struck" work k?!

These are the kinds of pilots that are ruining the chances of pilots to bargain a better contract.........

Nope you don't.........

I will see you on the picket line when and if it happens.........be sure to pick up as much overtime as possible to make sure you don't pick up "struck" work k?!

These are the kinds of pilots that are ruining the chances of pilots to bargain a better contract.........

I don't pick up overtime. Never have, never will. I don't fly as my sole source of income either, I fly because I enjoy the people, places and flying itself. I am enjoying GJ so far.

As far as fighting for a better contract, I have the battle scars from that, going both up and under an 1113. Don't even try to lecture me about "achieving a better contract". I have been there, given up years of my life to do it and then years to try to enforce it.

This is REALLY my last post!!

Last edited:
TSA is fighting for their liveliehoods and you are "helping" them out by not picking up open time..........you sir are a true LEADER.........

Make sure you don't twist too hard on that knife in their backs k?

Latest resources

Back