• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United tags on gojet bags?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have several (read more than a few) x ATA and UA friends over at GoJet. It's a job....and, in case you haven't noticed, there aren't many of those out there right now. Actually, technically, it's my job. After all, they are growing and I was furloughed from mainline.
I'm not mad...it is what it is. Welcome to the airline industry.

Why isn't anyone bashing Republic for what's going on at Midwest? How about the whole Delta Connection shake up?

The GoJet thing is over....time to move on and find another person to pick on....or, not!

I notice a lot of GOJET pilots with United Mainline tags on thier bags, not express but the same tags Mainline guys have. So my question is, is that ok? I am a little biased toward go jet so I personally am offended, but what do United guys think of this? Have you guys even noticed?

That is about as close as they will get to United...it is just a tag. I have yet to see a United guy have a GoJet tag.

My furloughed self and my furloughed friends have all retained our former bagtags despite returning to our sorry former regional gig. You can always ask what the story is, maybe you'll get to hear a reason, maybe they'll turned red-faced. Both outcomes are positive.

Flying from Dallas to NY over the summer, the pax comes to the front and asks if we could make a stop in MEM. Called the company, got the OK, and an hr later we are chowing down on Corkys BBQ (the passengers treat since we made the stop). He used the phone in the back to order and had it delivered to Wilson Air Center. Fine good BBQ!!!

Last edited:
As for the bag tags...who cares. ALL regionals have pilots that use mainline tags. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!

Hi!

I think that if the GoJet guy is furloughed from UAL, and has a UAL bagtag, that having the bagtag is NOT as close as he will ever get to UAL. But I could be wrong.

I know one guy that went to GoJet after he was laid off (NOT furloughed). It was the only interview and only job offer he got. I think it was the best decision for him, and I wish him well.

I was also at TSA, and I think the whole situation is crap. I hope they merge the two seniority lists, now that the AA feed flying is out.

I don't know how they'd do seniority, though, for the TSA guys who were recently furloughed and then went to GoJet.

cliff
GRB

The tags were there from the "beginning"..........they probably are not mainline furloughed guys. There are some over there but some are not as principled as others in this industry.

Let me guess - just feeding your family huh? I work in Asia so I do not have to wear a GJ POS ID. And yes, I am feeding my family.

Someday some people will just rationalize themselves right across that picketline.

Hi!

I have been trying to get a job in Asia, but no luck.

I was supposed to leave for Kenya today for a crappy job, but it was pushed back one month. I took the Kenya job because it was the only one I was offered.

I have not interviewed or been offered a job at GoJet, or anywhere else (except Kenya).

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back