United starts taking Pilot Apps on Monday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Found this on another forum:

"But I have over 600 hrs PIC time in multi-engine piston, most of it as a MEI. Should I also count this? Any thoughts to the confusion. What is UAL definition of CA?"

PIC time performing the duties of a CFI it is not considered CA time for UAL purposes?

Any opinions ?

Thanks

I wouldn't say UAL is rock bottom.

I'd reserve that for places like Skybus, etc...

But this is a close 2nd or 3rd.

Hey Johny Chimp I just clicked on the link below, and I think I went right INTO your account and saw the questionaire. Please pull that link. Good Luck at UAL.

Anyone else get this email?

Dear xxxx:

Thank you for submitting your application for the Pilot position with United Airlines. We are presently reviewing all candidate credentials for our pilot openings. In doing so, we have discovered an inconsistency in how candidates have recorded flight time on the second portion of the application. Therefore, we would like you to review the new Instructions for Recording Flight Time posted on www.united.com/pilot.

Please take the time to review the edited instructions and resubmit your flight time even if you believe you interpreted the instructions correctly during your initial application. Please fill out an online assessment questionnaire as soon as possible.

We thank you for your interest in United Airlines.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
United Airlines

Extrascorp on the app they ask about PIC time for non turbojet a/c with a max takeoff or 12500 or greater. This is where I listed my CA time. A few lines down the app askes for PIC time for a/c under 12500 (ie PA-44) I put my PIC multi time there. I know that I was not a CA of a BE-76, but they did ask so I listed my time. I have 1000hrs+ of tubine CA time so at least I qualify.
Certain parts of this app process are a little vague.

Ummmm.....he did say TAKE HOME pay. I think that's pretty accurate.

GP

good catch. That is what I said and intended.

BTW... I wish all the UAL guys a lot of luck, but I'm just saying, I can't see applying there now when DAL, UPS, and WN, NetJets are all hiring.. not to mention the dozens of good 91 corporate jobs and even some 135 operations that pay $50K start with 100K on the table.

Hi!

If U are responsible for the aircraft/you signed for it/you are the captain designated by the company then you log PIC. The instructor is responsible for the aircraft-they get PIC.

You are solo in your T-38/Cessna 150-you log Solo time. The instructor is responsible-no PIC time for you.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

By FAA definition, solo is PIC. Unfortunately, we aren't trying to get hired by the FAA.

UAL, and virtually every airline out there, will not accept solo time as PIC time. The instructor is the responsible party.

cliff
YIP

UAL, and virtually every airline out there, will not accept solo time as PIC time. The instructor is the responsible party.

So if I go and rent a 172 for an hour and Im the only one who ever even sees the plane someone else is the one in command?

Latest resources

Back