• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"United pilots replace vinegar with sugar in talks"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You peolple have got an entire thread going here on how UAL ALPA has gone for a softer approach based on a report in the MEDIA. Think about it. Quiet resolve is still resolve. The head banger approach was ill fated and did not work. Just because she wants a different approach is not a sign of weakness.

You peolple have got an entire thread going here on how UAL ALPA has gone for a softer approach based on a report in the MEDIA. Think about it. Quiet resolve is still resolve. The head banger approach was ill fated and did not work. Just because she wants a different approach is not a sign of weakness.

you are correct.

I'm not sure what I'd suggest. Granted I realize a "hat switch" won't fix the problem for those involved either.

Personally, I think that time is of the essence for the pilots at UAL; hopefully for their sake their leader's diplomacy will work. Traditionally, softer stances have not worked out very well for pilot groups.

On a plus side, their new leader was involved with their 2000 negotiations which might prove to be a good omen.

The hat switch and Glenn Gotta Go websites are symbolic. At times this is of value (for whom?) but real leverage comes from other areas.

For certain, tough guy attitudes with little leverage only seem to annoy those who have the leverage. In the end the parties sitting at the table of change have to have credibility or progress won't be made. This is the way its always been in politics and section 6, MEC chairman and unionism is nothing but politics. I'd say give Sugar a chance....

Good post, I'm a little blown away by so many apparently non UAL people chiming in with criticism. Good luck to you guys and hang in there. The more you support your leadership the better off you will be. The more finger pointers from the peanut gallery you have the more time you will waste fighting amongst yourselves.

I would expect nothing less from a Holiday Inn Platinum member.....
It's not about what I would do, it's what the UAL pilots will do. It's about realistic expectations.

The hat switch and Glenn Gotta Go websites are symbolic. At times this is of value (for whom?) but real leverage comes from other areas.

LOL that's what I loved about ALPA. Symbol this, symbol that, Don't wear your hats, Do wear your hats, Wear a black tie, Dont wear a tie, Use this bag sticker......All you get for your 1.85% is a symbol. Just like buying an "Artist Formally Known as Prince" tape.

Latest resources

Back