• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"United pilots replace vinegar with sugar in talks"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
She's going to bake Glenn Tilton a fresh batch of cookies.

Cookies ??? Heck, that's nothing . The "Grivence Granny " over at USAPA is busy knitting a sweater for Parker, all from the comfort of her own home and on USAPA's dime.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Cookies ??? Heck, that's nothing . The "Grivence Granny " over at USAPA is busy knitting a sweater for Parker, all from the comfort of her own home and on USAPA's dime.

What's the matter, ran out of room on the other threads to continue your AWA/USAir dribble

Think about it. Quiet resolve is still resolve.
Eagle...short of a work stoppage, what leverage does the pilot group have? Management has resolve, too. Whether the MEC chair is sweet as pie to Tilton or not doesn't make a difference: At the end of the day, Glen has business to run (into the ground)

What's the matter, ran out of room on the other threads to continue your AWA/USAir dribble

Tell you what, brain surgeon. I'll steer clear of the United threads and you steer clear of the USAirways threads. Deal ?

Eagle...short of a work stoppage, what leverage does the pilot group have? Management has resolve, too. Whether the MEC chair is sweet as pie to Tilton or not doesn't make a difference: At the end of the day, Glen has business to run (into the ground)

I don't even think we have the leverage of a work stoppage. I would say if push comes to shove management will be happy to lock us out. Between the thousands of RJ pilots that United would be able to attract and God only knows how many pilots are out there that ALPA has turned their back on, United knows they wouldn't miss us.

Our only chance is to stay on the property (again assuming no lock out) and work from there.

Tell you what, brain surgeon. I'll steer clear of the United threads and you steer clear of the USAirways threads. Deal ?

I sir am know brain sugeon, surely you have been able to figure that out by now.

Lets see East cheated and screwed the west, West are greedy bastards that played by the rules and want their "rightful" seniority. USAPA sucks ALPA lost Tiger cheated on his wife, OJ is in jail, Britney is clueless ect ect ect

News flash, we have all heard the story.

I don't even think we have the leverage of a work stoppage. I would say if push comes to shove management will be happy to lock us out.

No, that is just what scares you the most, and BTW the type they prefer working in the fields. Glenn's own words to me...

I don't even think we have the leverage of a work stoppage. I would say if push comes to shove management will be happy to lock us out. Between the thousands of RJ pilots that United would be able to attract and God only knows how many pilots are out there that ALPA has turned their back on, United knows they wouldn't miss us.

Our only chance is to stay on the property (again assuming no lock out) and work from there.
A work stoppage, IMO, would be all but an impossibility. Unless there is absolutely no flying done, it would not be effective (NWA mechanic quasi-strike comes to mind). Out of fear of being implicated in the mess (and sued) ALPA would be pushing the pilots to get back to work.

It's a shame because if there was a pilot group that could inspire everyone else to "just say no" to management, it would be the UAL guys.

Latest resources

Back