United Pilots form Strike Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did your strike commitee help?

That's right ...................... It DIDN"T!

Well. We ratified the T.A. That means we voted to not go on strike.

In 1998 we did not agree to terms and went on strike.

See how it works?

Now that NWA and Delta Pilots successfully negotiated concessions, even though both companies had LOTS of money in the bank, how do you feel UAL Pilots stand a chance - given your Pilot group's behaviour?

"LOTS of money in the bank"? Is that all it takes? As long as your bank balance is a black number, you don't have to pay those pesky creditors?

Got it!

(No wonder I got a C- in Econ 101!)

I can hear it now "hold the line" "stay strong UAL guys" etc...

Where did you see that in my post?

What a joke considering the actions of other ALPA groups, at a time when the industry was turning the corner.

Hope you're feeling better soon! If your pain continues too long, you should consider a telethon.

Occam,

It's sooooooooooo easy to drag you guys in! Ha Ha!!

The real reason they have formed a strike committee might be to gain leverage with Tilton et al, who have expressed their intention to merge with another carrier. In other words, we'll scuttle any potential deal, if we don't improve our lot, or, to a potential partner/wall street, we'll screw up everything for ya - watch out!!

UAL guys are not going to be happy with a merger, who would? This is their way of scaring partners away.

That being said, labor friendly or not, for an airline the size of UAL, I would expect a PEB. Even more so given that there is likey a greater amount of consolidating this is going to occur.

IMHO

That may be what you wish/think will happen, but after 50%+ paycuts and Tilton taking 23+ million, an AFL-CIO strike won't be a problem.

GT goes to Wall Street what's the lender going to be thinking? "These pilots were pi$$ed before they had their pensions stolen, lend this Tilton tool money? Why not just burn it in the street!"

I think under the new ALPA leadership, you'll see every pilot group activate the strike committee early.

slow down! slow down!!

This should be expected from more ALPA airlines also. President-elect Prater addressed an SPC conference a few weeks ago and expressed a desire to keep SPC activities going almost constantly, regardless of how long until the amendable date. He also wants a National SPC Committee.

Occam,

That was low - I didn't think an intelligent guy like you would make a comment like that. I know you think it's funny, but it's not - at least to the family of that young boy, or the crew involved.

Occam,

That was low - I didn't think an intelligent guy like you would make a comment like that. I know you think it's funny, but it's not - at least to the family of that young boy, or the crew involved.

Dear Mother Teresa,

1. Sarcasm and edgy humor are the lingua franca of this Forum. I am not the only practitioner, nor am I the best at it...but I will do my best to hold the pipper on all targets that earn it.

2. SWA/FO is a big boy, and is well-versed in sarcasm and edgy humor. If you haven't read any of his posts, take a few minutes to get off my butt, and do your homework. If you are his mommy, then I understand your concern.

3. SWA/FO is asking pilots at another carrier to break the law by violating the status quo. He did it in a childish manner. I happen to speak fluent childish, and am more than willing to respond. If that hurts your feelings, you should try www.forums.milquetoastwussies.com.

Latest resources

Back