United new hire class seniority?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boknowsASA

Does United still do class seniority by your last 4 of SSN? (was it always lowest to highest)

Or is it by age

Thanks for the info

This is not related, but how long would it take a new hire to get based at LAX? What is the junior base/equip that most guys are getting from the start? I appreciate any info you guys might be able to give me.

This is not related, but how long would it take a new hire to get based at LAX? What is the junior base/equip that most guys are getting from the start? I appreciate any info you guys might be able to give me.

Currently, junior bases are EWR and IAH. GUM for volunteers. I've heard that new hires were getting additional bases but haven't confirmed this.

LAX will probably take less than a year. There will be a LOT of movement throughout the system with all of the retirements.

Yeah Chairman, He does not care how LUAL does it because it is not 2007. This is 2013 and he wants to know how people today at LCAL the hiring carrier place pilots in seniority order. He also is not interested in unicorn fairy tail career expectations of a pilot hired at Pan Am that still thinks he is owed his Super Connie left seat because realities change in this business

Yeah Chairman, He does not care how LUAL does it because it is not 2007. This is 2013 and he wants to know how people today at LCAL the hiring carrier place pilots in seniority order. He also is not interested in unicorn fairy tail career expectations of a pilot hired at Pan Am that still thinks he is owed his Super Connie left seat because realities change in this business

Was not trying to stir the pot but there are a few months of classes before it all stops and moves to 1 company hiring pilots 1 way. I for sure don't know how it will be after, however come post SLI it will only be UAL. But thanks for the history lesson....

Better go back studying for that 747 cAP class. I hear its going jr like 2006

Nope Chairman, not interested in training on an airplane that will be off property in a couple of years. I am a happy 2006 hire flying the 777 getting 20 days off a month. This is my fifth airline and I guess you think I should go to the back of the line again despite the fact I finally got lucky with a solid airline. Sorry not interested in trading places as bad as a feel about your position, been there numerous times. Sincerely

I never said my position is bad... Glad you like the 777 seems like you have many more magically showing up by the end of the year.... Keep talking wont effect my seniority 1 bit. Sad part is this inter pilot fighting will make the company laugh all the way to the bank...

True, back to reality. Forgot why I only visit and post on these sites every couple of years. It always leaves me feeling empty and sorry for folks that lead there lives on here. Good Luck and Good Night

Latest resources

Back