• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Ipad EFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I think is funny is how UALALPA filed an injunction in federal court trying to halt the SOC without sharing their plans to do this with CALALPA. At the joint MEC meeting a short time later, a member of the CAL MEC point blank asked if the UAL folks will share their strategy going forward. The answer was "no". A very short time later, the infamous 108 page letter to congress was sent. Jay Pierce found out from the reporter who called him to ask for his response. Let's be clear about who exactly has been forging down the road with their own agenda with all due respect.

With that being said, let's not take the disagreements the two MEC's might have out to the line. I've been very impressed with the UAL pilots I've had the pleasure of meeting out in the system. I look forward to getting all this behind us.

+2! Couldn't agree more!

Funny all of a sudden Jay Pierce has a schedule conflict and can't make the Council 12 (ORD) union meeting. Something smells funny.

Your totally right. How our Jay and your Jay could get together and approach the company on that day to try and iron out the problems the UAL guys have is beyond anoyone here. Far be it for our Jay to try and see that the UAL pilots are made whole too. Of course the bitch sessions would have been better at C12. Would have been so much more productive too.

Not now!! Co pilots can pay for them with their profit sharing that so far is coming out of my wallet. Not that I'm bitter.

Wow first it doesn't come out of your pocket but wow you really think it is fair that of the 80000 employees of the New United only the CO pilots shouldn't get profit sharing?? Really your bitter about that? I guess we had nothing to do with the profit glad to see your pulling with us and not management. Wow amazed.

What I think is funny is how UALALPA filed an injunction in federal court trying to halt the SOC without sharing their plans to do this with CALALPA. At the joint MEC meeting a short time later, a member of the CAL MEC point blank asked if the UAL folks will share their strategy going forward. The answer was "no". A very short time later, the infamous 108 page letter to congress was sent. Jay Pierce found out from the reporter who called him to ask for his response. Let's be clear about who exactly has been forging down the road with their own agenda with all due respect.

With that being said, let's not take the disagreements the two MEC's might have out to the line. I've been very impressed with the UAL pilots I've had the pleasure of meeting out in the system. I look forward to getting all this behind us.

Lets see UALALPA tries to delay the SOC in because of training issues and with the underlying intent of delaying Jeffs bonus. COALPA negotiates with the company to line their own pockets...yeah that's the same. SAme old CO pilot group that flew EAL routes during the strike. Nothing has changed.

Wow first it doesn't come out of your pocket but wow you really think it is fair that of the 80000 employees of the New United only the CO pilots shouldn't get profit sharing?? Really your bitter about that? I guess we had nothing to do with the profit glad to see your pulling with us and not management. Wow amazed.

You don't get it. UALALPA wanted the COALPA to include them in other issues like the sunset of the T&PA but Jay chose to go ahead and just take the money and leave us to fend for ourselves. If you don't think this has caused a rif come on into one of our ops and talk about it.

As far as being on Managemnt side again you are wrong. A devided pilot group is what they want. The CO side just walked blindly into it.

Two ALPA "unions" fighting on the one hand and talking nice, nice on the other. Shock! For one more dollar, we will promise that peace is just around the corner!

You don't get it. UALALPA wanted the COALPA to include them in other issues like the sunset of the T&PA but Jay chose to go ahead and just take the money and leave us to fend for ourselves. If you don't think this has caused a rif come on into one of our ops and talk about it.

As far as being on Managemnt side again you are wrong. A devided pilot group is what they want. The CO side just walked blindly into it.

I love when a statement starts out you just dont get it, surely keeps my mind open. The TPA mostly protected the UAL pilots for shortcomings in their contract and I support what it is but to say that the grievance that was going to gain nothing would have some how carried you guys along was simply in my opinion not true. There is no way to win this discussion for either side because it is an opinion and one that we wont ever know another outcome so I will not be dragged in to a fight about that. I have friends at Delta and Airways and I know whos merger I would rather mirror so I really am not going to argue points here on a forum with nothing but opinions.

I get in to your crew room in IAD often and I have never been treated with any thing but respect and I have never seen a UAL pilot in EWR treated differently. Were in this together whether we like it or not and there are going to be a lot of issues that neither side agrees with from our own or the other sides union. Taking it out on each other in crew rooms wouldn't solve that. Good luck sorry this made you mad but this is one of many issues well go through and I do get it, which is why I wont talk about it further.

I love when a statement starts out you just dont get it, surely keeps my mind open. The TPA mostly protected the UAL pilots for shortcomings in their contract and I support what it is but to say that the grievance that was going to gain nothing would have some how carried you guys along was simply in my opinion not true. There is no way to win this discussion for either side because it is an opinion and one that we wont ever know another outcome so I will not be dragged in to a fight about that. I have friends at Delta and Airways and I know whos merger I would rather mirror so I really am not going to argue points here on a forum with nothing but opinions.

I get in to your crew room in IAD often and I have never been treated with any thing but respect and I have never seen a UAL pilot in EWR treated differently. Were in this together whether we like it or not and there are going to be a lot of issues that neither side agrees with from our own or the other sides union. Taking it out on each other in crew rooms wouldn't solve that. Good luck sorry this made you mad but this is one of many issues well go through and I do get it, which is why I wont talk about it further.

Ant managements desire to have emplyee groups not be united is not opinion. That is airline ops 101. CO pilots took a benefit with no regard to the guys that you say they are in this together with, again not an opinion.

Ant managements desire to have emplyee groups not be united is not opinion. That is airline ops 101. CO pilots took a benefit with no regard to the guys that you say they are in this together with, again not an opinion.

deleted

Last edited:
I actually have to change my response so I deleted the last one. I have been at more then one airline and I understand the power of dividing groups that wasn't the opinion I was talking about. The opinion part was whether or not some thing could be gained by waiting to settle the issue or not on momey that was owed to the CO pilots Owed to us.

As far as the CO pilots go we didn't make the decision the MEC did just like your MEC makes decisions for you. The system is what it is saying were in this together doesn't ring hollow as I had nothing to do with the decision or the meetings and didn't get a vote on what direction to take. Just wait till the opinions about seniority integration start you wont even remember this. I would welcome talking to you in any crew room if our trips over lap I have no animosity towards any one at LUAL quite the opposite I have some good friends there active and furloughed so if you want to talk about how lousy both unions do or dont do I would welcome that. It's going to be a long year good luck to every one well see how it turns out.

Latest resources

Back