• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. It's funny Jay, Tara and my names are known all throughout the UAL system. Why, because we represented our pilots very well, some on your side interpret that as screw job because we weren't push overs.

That's funny, because in almost a year of flying the line with your lCAL Captains in EWR, I have yet to find one that thinks you have done a good job. I will agree with you, though, your names are definitely known!

I have no idea what that means, but frankly, you can add me to whatever list you want. None if them will mean a thing. I'm gonna pimp this contract for every penny by whatever means. I'll leave the rah rah team stuff and pilot unity speak for the rest of you. I've got no problem with every man for himself. You should the same. Anything else is wasted time.

Not surpeised, that;s the CAL pilot attitude I have known since the late 80's. You sound just like the folks on the list.

I think his point is he has seen what wearing the latest pin, sporting the new sticker, attending rallies, following ALPA lead to "stay calm" so as not to rock the NMB's boat etc. has achieved, squat.

All of the FNWA guys on furlough were given full credit for time out on furlough. Instead of coming back to year two pay (if they went out on year 2), they came back 5 years later to year 7 pay at DL, or got credit for the time away. I think LOA 25 took that away for certain LUAL pilots hired from 1999 to 2001? Did they get any longevity credit? Who allowed that to happen?

Bye Bye--General Lee

All of the FNWA guys on furlough were given full credit for time out on furlough. Instead of coming back to year two pay (if they went out on year 2), they came back 5 years later to year 7 pay at DL, or got credit for the time away. I think LOA 25 took that away for certain LUAL pilots hired from 1999 to 2001? Did they get any longevity credit? Who allowed that to happen?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wont know the damage for sure until the SLI is done...

"All of the FNWA guys on furlough were given full credit for time out on furlough. Instead of coming back to year two pay (if they went out on year 2), they came back 5 years later to year 7 pay at DL, or got credit for the time away. I think LOA 25 took that away for certain LUAL pilots hired from 1999 to 2001? Did they get any longevity credit? Who allowed that to happen?"

Basically, the UAL furloughees were given longevity credit for pay purposes which is tied to the next senior CAL pilot on the combined seniority list. The CAL furloughees were given full longevity credit for their furlough.

Who allowed that to happen? Depends on who you ask. CAL MEC blames the JNC. UAL MEC blames CAL.

Last edited:
delete
never mind this will go no where wait for the book to come out in six months and well all be pissed off

Last edited:
As a 1987 hire, if I am ever unfortunate enough to fly with you. Gear up, flaps up and you can probably guess the rest.

Jayson Baron
CAL EWR CA REP

Wow, what an a$$---whole.

Great Captain skills you have. :eek:

Glad I know your name. You'll be on my Capt avoid list from now on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back