• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chppr5, not sure where you got your numbers but CAL has 62 757s, 41-200s and 21-300s. So if 15 of UAL's are kept there will be 77 left when it's all said and done.

The 757-3 are a different pay band, but I got the 757-2 count (33) from a communication of the merger announcement. So that affects even more 757 pilots.

Last edited:
L-UAL and L-CAL will be around for the next 40 years just like PE, NY Air, Scab, FMR, Express, 570, and any other way you wanna slice up the pilot group. We haven't even completed the SLI. Our definitions will continue for a very long time. You can add yes/no voter to that list also.

If you want them to I guess they will be in your mind. The yes/no vote list is funny. can't wait to hear how you get that one. There is only one list I will carry after the SLI when we can no longer tell eachother apart by sight, that will be the "loyal company employee" list.

Jayson, I've never hid my name. Lear70 and many others here know exactly who I am.
How's this? I'll be more than happy to introduce myself to you when we're paired together so that you can give me the scab treatment. I'm looking forward to it since I've read quite a bit of your stuff and have come to the conclusion that you have a lot to say but are short on actions - not listening to you would significantly reduce the volume of hot air in the cockpit. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of LUAL furloughees flying at LCAL introduce themselves to you as 'Andy'.

As for LOA 25, let's thread hijack for a moment. Who benefits, who's harmed, and who had the responsibility to represent those harmed by LOA 25? It benefits LCAL for SLI, and harms LUAL furloughees. Who represented LUAL furloughees? Those on LCAL property were represented by CALALPA. Poorly.
How did LOA 25 get there? Every CALALPA rep claims 'I don't know; it was just put in at the last minute'. Every UALALPA contact that I've spoken to point the finger at pierceofshii and his cronies and are well aware of how it got there - a threat to scuttle the entire TA at the last minute unless LOA 25 was added. Someone's not telling the truth and my money's on the ones who benefit from LOA 25, yet claim they have no idea how it got there.
At EWR, LUAL furloughees represent what percentage of your pilots? 15%? Higher? We represent 10% of the entire LCAL seniority list and most of us have gone to EWR and IAH. You allowed this LOA into the TA that punished a large bloc of your membership that you are supposed to represent. LOA 25 should have never seen the light of day. Thanks for taking our ALPA dues and NOT representing us, Jayson.

If you want them to I guess they will be in your mind. The yes/no vote list is funny. can't wait to hear how you get that one. There is only one list I will carry after the SLI when we can no longer tell eachother apart by sight, that will be the "loyal company employee" list.

Whatever makes you happy man.

We might as well get over the L-UAL this and the L CAL that. It's over, both of those carriers are gone.
Jayson, Thanks for your work... Wether you voted yes or you voted no, time to press on.

Fair enough.. except for one thing:
I refuse to be told by any union reps/MECs what a "good job they did representing the CAL pilots." I refuse to be told this by Jason Byron himself because frankly.. it sounds pathetic.

Moving on..

That makes me happy and there should be only one reason you would object.

I have no idea what that means, but frankly, you can add me to whatever list you want. None if them will mean a thing. I'm gonna pimp this contract for every penny by whatever means. I'll leave the rah rah team stuff and pilot unity speak for the rest of you. I've got no problem with every man for himself. You should the same. Anything else is wasted time.

Jayson, I've never hid my name. Lear70 and many others here know exactly who I am.
How's this? I'll be more than happy to introduce myself to you when we're paired together so that you can give me the scab treatment. I'm looking forward to it since I've read quite a bit of your stuff and have come to the conclusion that you have a lot to say but are short on actions - not listening to you would significantly reduce the volume of hot air in the cockpit. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of LUAL furloughees flying at LCAL introduce themselves to you as 'Andy'.

As for LOA 25, let's thread hijack for a moment. Who benefits, who's harmed, and who had the responsibility to represent those harmed by LOA 25? It benefits LCAL for SLI, and harms LUAL furloughees. Who represented LUAL furloughees? Those on LCAL property were represented by CALALPA. Poorly.
How did LOA 25 get there? Every CALALPA rep claims 'I don't know; it was just put in at the last minute'. Every UALALPA contact that I've spoken to point the finger at pierceofshii and his cronies and are well aware of how it got there - a threat to scuttle the entire TA at the last minute unless LOA 25 was added. Someone's not telling the truth and my money's on the ones who benefit from LOA 25, yet claim they have no idea how it got there.
At EWR, LUAL furloughees represent what percentage of your pilots? 15%? Higher? We represent 10% of the entire LCAL seniority list and most of us have gone to EWR and IAH. You allowed this LOA into the TA that punished a large bloc of your membership that you are supposed to represent. LOA 25 should have never seen the light of day. Thanks for taking our ALPA dues and NOT representing us, Jayson.

Was the UAL NC even available for this contract? You make this seem like CAL's NC stood up, laid out the plans for how the contract was to go, and no one else in the room said anything. I find it impossible to believe that the UAL MEC and NC just stood by or were bullied into any of this. Problem is the writing is on the wall, AGAIN, but this time instead of looking inward at the culprit, the finger gets to point out a new scapegoat. Keep saying the same rhetoric over and over again and you might just get some more posters and lurkers to believe the load your are trying to sell here.

Latest resources

Back