• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United hiring- emails sent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That reminds me of something. The CA and I were having dinner at the hotel restaurant where we get a 10% discount under separate checks. Then the CA said he would pay for mine too. The waitress came back with one check and said, "Well, since you each get 10% off, I just gave you 20% off on the whole thing."

That reminds me of something. The CA and I were having dinner at the hotel restaurant where we get a 10% discount under separate checks. Then the CA said he would pay for mine too. The waitress came back with one check and said, "Well, since you each get 10% off, I just gave you 20% off on the whole thing."

Math is hard...

Just left IAH recurrent on the 756... The good news, from 3 different instructors, is 14 per week on the 756 and about the same if not more on the 73 fleet. I asked each one for how long, each reply was, "indefinite", unless something drastic happens. They are presently so shot on the 756 fleet that upgrades that were awarded as far back as Aug will not be released to training because they can't fill the FO seats.

Now the bad, or I should say ridiculous.. They were a few off the street/poolies in new hire class mixed with returning L-UAL furloughs. Talked to a few, asked them how it was going, welcome, and glad to see you here. They pointed out a group of guys with red ID clips, told me they were the L-UAL returning furloughs. They would not speak socialize or share any gouge with the new guys. And just to check the validity of there claims, I made it a point to say hello to everyone I encountered with a red clip. Result, not one reply, eyes forward, head up, scowl on face, holier than thou attitude....... What a bunch of tool bags..

Feel free to flame me all you want... I'm too old to worry about the petty bull ********************. But I think it's a shame we have attitudes like this.

Now the bad, or I should say ridiculous.. They were a few off the street/poolies in new hire class mixed with returning L-UAL furloughs. Talked to a few, asked them how it was going, welcome, and glad to see you here. They pointed out a group of guys with red ID clips, told me they were the L-UAL returning furloughs. They would not speak socialize or share any gouge with the new guys. And just to check the validity of there claims, I made it a point to say hello to everyone I encountered with a red clip. Result, not one reply, eyes forward, head up, scowl on face, holier than thou attitude....... What a bunch of tool bags..

Oh what fun these guys will be.
Well seeing how United retired all their Sud Caravelles to right size for the merger in 1970 it would seem they have finally gotten around to recalling these guys. Only took a little longer than they thought so I can see why they might be a little upset.
I guess they thought they should just to directly to 777 CA

give me a break. you couldn't get a bunch of pilots to agree on anything but some how this group have all come together and agreed to be unified and show it by acting like this. Sad part is folks like "continental" actually believe this crap.

Just left IAH recurrent on the 756... The good news, from 3 different instructors, is 14 per week on the 756 and about the same if not more on the 73 fleet. I asked each one for how long, each reply was, "indefinite", unless something drastic happens. They are presently so shot on the 756 fleet that upgrades that were awarded as far back as Aug will not be released to training because they can't fill the FO seats.

Feel free to flame me all you want... I'm too old to worry about the petty bull ********************. But I think it's a shame we have attitudes like this.

Sounds like you should be leading Pickett's charge! Give em the full Monte!

What a bunch of bs.... They aren't hiring 14 756 guys a week plus the 737 guys as well. UAL is hiring 4 756 pilots every other week and 12 737 pilots every week. The rest of what you posted was bs as well....

I am an instructor on the 757 and only last week spent some quality time with some guys wearing red clips. They couldn't have been nicer. They are in a unique situation and despite what some may think, they are not mad at the world. They are professional and take training seriously. I would hope they will mentor the new hires and not hide study material. In a few months the list will be done and the color of our clips will be meaningless. Move on.

So when will they be truly hiring off the street and not just Scholarship winners and kids of management? This is not meant to be anything but an attempt to get an idea of when your average Joe can expect a "chance".

Latest resources

Back