• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United hiring- emails sent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know if former interns are being given preferential interviews like they had been in the past with United? I interned back in 2000 at UAL and wondered if CAL is still honoring that practice since they are now basically in charge of the hiring.

Anyone know if former interns are being given preferential interviews like they had been in the past with United? I interned back in 2000 at UAL and wondered if CAL is still honoring that practice since they are now basically in charge of the hiring.

I have a buddy who has an interview tomorrow at UAL. He is a 6 yr FO at xjt with 0tpic. He was an intern.. I also have anothr buddy who has an interiview the same day. He hasn't gone to any job fairs, has TPIC, but not over 1000. His buddy works in the CPO office. he is not an intern. Definately dont need to have 1000s of TPIC or be a LCA etc.....

I have a buddy who has an interview tomorrow at UAL. He is a 6 yr FO at xjt with 0tpic. He was an intern.. I also have anothr buddy who has an interiview the same day. He hasn't gone to any job fairs, has TPIC, but not over 1000. His buddy works in the CPO office. he is not an intern. Definately dont need to have 1000s of TPIC or be a LCA etc.....

Thanks for the heads up SAAB. I'm currently a sim instructor at a "major" and only fly a couple days per month. Looking forward to possibly flying a bit more in the future along with better pay and bennies. Guess it's time to put the app in and see what happens.

Last edited:
It will be a nasty summer. We are already asking for SRM and it' s only March. We need more than 500 this year and it will only get worse. Oh well.

SRM = Senior Manning

Edit: Sorry, I didn't think about posting the definition. Short version: We're WAY SHORT on pilots and it isn't even summer yet. From the contract:
[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5 Senior Manning (SRM) Trips
20-H-5-a
[/FONT]The Company shall create an SRM Trip by attaching 100% Add Pay of the Trip’s

pay value to an Open Trip and designating it as an SRM Trip.​
[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-b
[/FONT]An SRM Trip shall be processed in the following order:

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-b-(1)
[/FONT]The SRM Trip shall be made available to the trip-trading system. If an in-
Base Lineholder simultaneously drops a Trip that starts on the same day as the SRM Trip
that he picks up, the Add Pay shall be removed from the Trip. However, at its discretion
the Company may keep the Add Pay attached to the Trip.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-b-(2)
[/FONT]The Company shall notify all Lineholders who could be assigned the SRM
Trip without a schedule repair and who have requested notification of SRM Trips.
Additionally, the Company may contact and offer the SRM Trip assignment to such pilots
in seniority order.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-b-(3)
[/FONT]The SRM Trip shall be assigned to a Lineholder whose trip-trading bid
criteria matches the Trip and who requires a schedule repair the Company finds
acceptable. If two or more pilots have similarly-acceptable schedule repairs, the
Company shall assign the SRM Trip in seniority order.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-b-(4)
[/FONT]The Company shall notify all Lineholders who could be assigned the SRM
Trip with a schedule repair and who have requested notification of SRM Trips. Such
Lineholders may contact the Company and, if the Company finds the schedule repair
acceptable, be offered the SRM assignment. Additionally, the Company may contact
and offer the SRM assignment to any such Pilot; if two or more Lineholders have
similarly-acceptable schedule repairs, the offer shall be made in seniority order.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-b-(5)
[/FONT]The Company may move freely between Sections 20-H-5-b-(3) and 20-H-5-
b-(4)
as it seeks a schedule repair it finds acceptable. The Company’s determination of

acceptabilitymay change.
[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-c
After completing an assignment made under Sections 20-H-5-b-(3) or 20-H-5-b-
(4), a Lineholder may be required to return to and complete his original Trip.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-d
[/FONT]An assignment in Section 20-H-5 shall include assigning the Trip as part of and
within the limitations of the Pilot
’s previously-scheduled Duty Period.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-e
[/FONT]I/Es and out-of-Base Lineholders may participate in Section 20-H-5, in seniority
order below in-Base Lineholders.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
20-H-5-f
[/FONT]The Lineholder shall receive the Add Pay at time of assignment. If a Reserve is

assigned an SRM Trip, the Trip
’s Add Pay shall be removed.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back