United forced out of T-8 at LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lowecur,

I thought you said Delta would lose T-5? Didn't you say Alaska would move in and Delta out? Your guesses are more often wrong than right.

Lowecur,

I thought you said Delta would lose T-5? Didn't you say Alaska would move in and Delta out? Your guesses are more often wrong than right.
This is outrageous. I want this troublemaker banned from making anymore provocative comments.

:pimp:​

JFK used to be a ghost town, nobody wanted to serve it, other than Int'l.

Say what????? This has to be the dumbest thing ever posted on flightinfo! Congrats....Now you and your man in the picture REALLY have something to be proud of!

YGTBSM....Another JetBlue bashfest!

It looks like you B6 complainers still have some unresolved issues. I'd feel more sorry for your plight if you didn't represent airlines that operate out of the very same playbook that you accuse JetBlue of using...talk about your hipocrisy and selective memory born largely of ignorance.

Somebody wants to complain how about how poor little AA got "their slots" taken from them in LGB, yet I remember how ruthless AA was to tie up Legend in court and put their significance political influence to bear in draining this forgotten start-up's finances before they could even get their first flight away from the gate at DAL.

If I was five years younger I'd take a flamethrower to this place :puke:

Oh and YuppyGuppy....Go F!@# Yourself too!

Last edited:
Say what????? This has to be the dumbest thing ever posted on flightinfo! Congrats....Now you and your man in the picture REALLY have something to be proud of!

Okay, prove me wrong. Show me the airline service out of JFK in say 2000. When jetblue started there, it was not unusual to be the only a/c moving aound the airport.

In my opinion, JFK needs to be reslotted. Its no longer a 5pm bank time where things get jammed up. 2 hour taxies are the norm from 5-10pm daily. the only time to fly out of there now is the 7-11am timeframe. Whatever the FAA decides, the airport needs to be much more efficient.

looked up the airport data from the FAA and it certainly does show large growth at JFK, while LGA remained relatively level.

2000 Pax total Domestic Carrier Percent of US
LGA 12.7M 11.4M 1.79
JFK 16.1M 10.6M 2.3

LGA 11.3 10.3 1.7
JFK 14.5 9.6 2.2

LGA 11.0 9.7 1.7
JFK 14.5 9.9 2.2

LGA 13.1 12.1 1.7
JFK 20.2 14.5 2.7

As a matter of fact, it is only recently that JFK has surpassed LGA in domestic enplanements. International enplanements has remained relatively level at JFK, while domestic has seen a large increase, almost 30% increase from 2000 to 2005, whereas LGA has seen about 1/3 less growth.

So I say yes, JFK has indeed become a very attractive airport for domestic only recently.

But hey, feel free to prove me wrong, after all, big D was flying some 30+ 757's in Song colours from JFK airport in 2000, right?

Last edited:
looked up the airport data from the FAA and it certainly does show large growth at JFK, while LGA remained relatively level.

2000 Pax total Domestic Carrier Percent of US
LGA 12.7M 11.4M 1.79
JFK 16.1M 10.6M 2.3

LGA 11.3 10.3 1.7
JFK 14.5 9.6 2.2

LGA 11.0 9.7 1.7
JFK 14.5 9.9 2.2

LGA 13.1 12.1 1.7
JFK 20.2 14.5 2.7

As a matter of fact, it is only recently that JFK has surpassed LGA in domestic enplanements. International enplanements has remained relatively level at JFK, while domestic has seen a large increase, almost 30% increase from 2000 to 2005, whereas LGA has seen about 1/3 less growth.

So I say yes, JFK has indeed become a very attractive airport for domestic only recently.

But hey, feel free to prove me wrong, after all, big D was flying some 30+ 757's in Song colours from JFK airport in 2000, right?

Hee...hee...he

Kind of hard to dispute cold hard facts..

Latest resources

Back