United follows Airtran's lead .... adds XM Radio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BLUE BAYOU said:
No it's our people that is the secret to our success--.

The 4q and last years number really reflect the success. ;)

32LT10 said:
The 4q and last years number really reflect the success. ;)

You are just so upbeat! Wonder what numbers UAUA will post?

BLUE BAYOU said:
No it's our people that is the secret to our success-- Now, the IFE system does help with filling 81.8% of our seats-- and you'll find free tvs in all of jetblue's planes and tv/xm in our 190s and soon our 320s also will have xm capability... and we'll have over 125 channels of xm, not 19 pre-recorded ones...

Define "success".

Is it earning a profit?
Growth?
Happy workforce?
How much you can charge for a ticket?

Consumers, especially travelers, seem to be driven by price above all else, including amenities. JetBlue has a very low RASM. Does that mean they don't offer a product worth more per ticket? SWA has a very low RASM too. Are they successful?

DAL, AMR, and NWA have the highest RASM's in the industry right now...that means they are receiving the highest price for their product.

Is that success?

"The sun don't shine on the same dog all the time."

Ty Webb said:
Unlike you, Snake/Einstein/Chuckie/Lawman/TexasJetJockstrap, I only have one name on this board. I've been Ty Webb since 2001.

Plenty of AirTran pilots know who I am, and also know who Best Pilot is, so if you want to continue to look stupid, just continue to claim that we are the same person.

Come to think about it, you're going to continue to look stupid no matter what, so hey, have at it.

I thought they were the same person also, until I flew a trip with Bestpilot last week.

I took this picture of him on a layover in Ft Lauderdale, dude's a chick magnet

I hated to clip that link, but rules iz rules...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ty Webb said:
Unlike you, Snake/Einstein/Chuckie/Lawman/TexasJetJockstrap, I only have one name on this board. I've been Ty Webb since 2001.

Plenty of AirTran pilots know who I am, and also know who Best Pilot is, so if you want to continue to look stupid, just continue to claim that we are the same person.

Come to think about it, you're going to continue to look stupid no matter what, so hey, have at it.

Well then why does Best Pilot always post where you do? Must be some strong love between you two. Keep telling us that you two are not the same poster. By the way, keep posting conversations between yourself. It makes for good comedy.

Last edited:
Einstein said:
Well then why does Best Pilot always post where you do? Must be some strong love between you two. Keep telling us that you two are not the same poster. By the way, keep posting conversations between yourself. It makes for good comedy.

Kind of like you and your alter ego, Uppercrust?

Seriously though, I thought the same thing but it's not the same guy, I know them both.

Einstein said:

Duuuude, I gots da love for ALL da peeps. but mo debinitly for my posse at da Tranny!!!!

Duude, if your name is like Einstein, I thought you'd be like waaaayyyy smart, so you gots to be knowin that ole Ty Guy is like da king, but naw, we aint gots da same DOA (or wahtever they call dat blood stuff from CSI).

mrvmo
"Booyashaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check yourself before you reck yourself.

Respec"

mrvmo,

Right on, bro, you just earned yourself some cold brewskis!!! Come on down to da cement pond and get you some! Bring ole Jane Hathaway with you. Duude, I've ALWAYS had a thing for that one!!!

Dizel8 said:
You are just so upbeat! Wonder what numbers UAUA will post?

We'll see. Good thing you have TV on blew. With all those delays the people can see what they are missing on the travel channel. Number last in on-time. Good one. Is that all about the people also?

Latest resources

Back