• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United dropping the "crown jewels"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe Joe Kolshack--new UAL SVP of OPS (former DAL SVP of OPS)--had a similar "stellar" record at DAL--how can these morons continue to be recycled through the airline industry?!?

Any CEO, COO, CFO, etc worth their weight are at companies that are much easier to operate, are more profitable, and have little to no labor issues. Running a company, be it a pharmaceutical, bottled soft drinks, hotels, airlines, etc have the same general operating principles. I bet any of the guys at United would love to be the CEO of Coke or Phizer!

It's sad to see this happen. Most of these airlines are like broken down taxi cabs just getting passed from one tenant to the next. They drive it around and make some money then step down and let the next guy do the same.

Is there some kind of requirement to service a route regularly in order to maintain the route authority or can you just hold it but not use it?

Is there some kind of requirement to service a route regularly in order to maintain the route authority or can you just hold it but not use it?

NWA dropped DTW-PEK in 1996 and resumed it 10 years later without further approval, so if they do expire, it takes a long time.

Route authority can also be leased to another airline.

C'mon, man! You drive that great big MD-11 over there and you don't know this stuff? I'm just an old narrow body domestic driver!

Last edited:
Now here is the truth

Just remember John Tague ran 4 previous airlines into the ground. Went from helping ATA slide into oblivion, then was hired at UAL. Guess who came with TED? You got it, good on Johnnie boy. Due to TED's great success, JT was promoted. Got to love this industry.

Imagine a pilot interview. "lets see, you crashed airplanes at 4 of your other airlines..........you are management material!"

But we need to pay the extra high bonus to get these clowns, because they could go elsewhere and make that coin.

Just remember John Tague ran 4 previous airlines into the ground. Went from helping ATA slide into oblivion, then was hired at UAL. Guess who came with TED? You got it, good on Johnnie boy. Due to TED's great success, JT was promoted. Got to love this industry.

Don't forget his daddy ran Midway 1 into the ground.

C'mon, man! You drive that great big MD-11 over there and you don't know this stuff? I'm just an old narrow body domestic driver!

:nuts: I just fire up ma 'puter an look at ma calendar. Skeds puts these blue lines over the days they want me to fly. I double click on them and you know whut? There's a trip under there and I fly where it tells me. All the rest is PFM to me.

This is a really good quesiton.....anyone know? If UAL loses these routes, it's a matter of time:puke:

Latest resources

Back