• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United career progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UF, I don't know if you're a liar or not, and I really don't care. You are, however, a selfish piece of sh--,
OK so now you’re backing off about my being a liar because you have nothing to back that up with, and now your accusation is that I am selfish. I suppose that's because I wanted our senior pilots to have the right to work past age 59, even though I never did that. But what about all the pilots who are having their age-60 birthdays every day and ACTUALLY ARE working past age 59. Are they more selfish? And how about you, are you going to work past age 60? I bet you will. Won't that really make you selfish too, and compared to me who never worked a day past age 59, I am not selfish at all by comparison.

OK so now you’re backing off about my being a liar because you have nothing to back that up with
I'm not backing off of anything, because I never said you were a liar. I just said you're a scumbag.
and now your accusation is that I am selfish
That's always been my accusation, along with the fact that you're a piece of sh--.
But what about all the pilots who are having their age-60 birthdays every day and ACTUALLY ARE working past age 59. Are they more selfish?
No, you're just as bad as them. Worse, really, because you're the one that hammed it up to the media in order to get the whole thing changed in the first place.
And how about you, are you going to work past age 60? I bet you will.
I don't plan on working past age 55. Flying Boeings isn't the be all, end all for me. You may be that much of a loser, but most of us aren't.

I don't plan on working past age 55. Flying Boeings isn't the be all, end all for me.

Right, what joke that is. Everyone says that so often they even believe it themselves until that time comes.

Right, what joke that is. Everyone says that so often they even believe it themselves until that time comes.
No, some of us actually plan ahead. Rather than spending ridiculous amounts of money on GA airplanes and such during our careers, we put our money away in wise investments. That way we don't have to rape our fellow pilots of what is rightfully theirs in order to survive. You should try it some time...

No, some of us actually plan ahead. Rather than spending ridiculous amounts of money on GA.

You should try to spend some of your income in aviation. I believe in giving back to the industry. You should try it sometime.....

I believe in giving back to the industry. You should try it sometime.....
I give back to my industry by volunteering my time for my union. I spent five years doing ALPA work, three of it as an elected rep. How much time did you spend in elected office? Oh sorry, I forgot; you were too busy trying to steal from your fellow pilots. You disgust me.

I give back to my industry by volunteering my time for my union. I spent five years doing ALPA work, three of it as an elected rep. How much time did you spend in elected office? Oh sorry, I forgot; you were too busy trying to steal from your fellow pilots. You disgust me.

That figures. I spent my time on the right side of the issues while you fought to preserve discrimination. I certainly hope ALPA is held accountable for their actions if they broke the law. Do you not agree that any person or organization that breaks the law should be held accountable? In any event, the laws and courts will decide this no matter what you and I say or believe.

Last edited:
That figures. I spent my time on the right side of the issues while you fought to preserve discrimination.
No, I fought to protect the interests of the pilots that I represented.
I certainly hope ALPA is held accountable for their actions if they broke the law. Do you now agree that any person or organization that breaks the law should be held accountable?
No one broke the law. Your question is irrelevant, much like you.

No one broke the law. Your question is irrelevant.

Oh really! If that is so and you are so confident in that belief, then why did ALPA get an imunity provison written into the new age 60/65 law? Why did they feel it was necessary if there was no question about ALPA's guilt on this issue? And when that part is stricken down as it may be, what do you think will happen?

ALPA can not take a position in support of something that is against the law just because the majority of the Union wants to. Surely you know better than that!

If the majority of the Union vote to pay a minority group half the pay of the others, and later the Feds so no that wasn't right because it violated that groups constitutional rights, then the minority group will be made whole for the wrong-doing. That is just the law. And for years, particularly since 11/23/07, ALPA/APA and others broke the law regarding age discrimination by advocating a postion that was a lie and they knew it to be a lie. Also, their postiion was contrary to the Union's position of non-discrimination. It may take time, but this issue may cost the Unions real money. And just think, you were a part of this failed effort to preserve discrimination. Congratulations on your success.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back