• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United career progression

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instructordude: Young man, you have distinquished youself to be in a catagory with Capt. Prater. That means you have leadership ability.
Alright, I take it back. That was the funniest post ever!

of course i am defeating my own arguement by posting on this thread, but i see no way around it.

the simple truth is that WE are feeding UF. in a couple years of lurking on here and not posting much, the SINGLE BEST THING i can think of seeing on FI is a thread started by UF, with 0 views and 0 replies.

if nobody responds to him, maybe he will go away?

whenever he posts on here he just reminds me of that scene in a family guy episode where bob dole keeps repeating his own name until he falls asleep standing up...

Towering Genius - Capt. Prater

As you well know, the Supreme Court already ruled that the Age 60 rule was not age discrimination.

That decision by the Supreme Court reminds me of another infamous decision that was later overturned by war. The Dred Scott decision comes to mind: A decision that could not have been a more incorrect decision. It was eventually overturned but at the cost of civil war, 500,000 Americans killed plus the assignation of America's greatest president, followed by passage of the 13th amendment to finally correct that decision. In the case of the age-60 rule, following the election of Captain Prater within a year the wrong of age-60 was righted peacefully. Duane Worthless, on the other hand, would have dragged this out making this the one and only membership issue for ALPA when far more important challenges face the profession. Now that Captain Worthless is gone the profession can move on to maybe improve pilot salaries above fast-food workers wages for the RJ pilots and school teachers for wide body captains.

INSTRUCTORDUDE is right to stand up against age discrimination and he probably is progressive enough to fight for the elimination of the age-65 rule which is just as bad as age-60. Captain Prater should be revered. Prater’s prompt action is akin to the “towering genius” of a Lincoln or Martin Luther King. Duane Worthless, on the other hand, is akin to a Jefferson Davis. Yet PC_128 wants Worthless back to perpetuate the turmoil and discrimination. Why?

PLC 128:
I proudly supported Duane at the 2006 BOD. If he had been elected, the age would still be 60. I have no doubt about that.

Last edited:
INSTRUCTORDUDE is right to stand up against age discrimination

News flash, old timer:

Instructordude is mocking you, not agreeing with you.

Although I'm beginning to think you're the "me generation" version of Instructordude.

Last edited:
NO! It can not be true....

Instructordude is mocking you, not agreeing with you.

He was? No! He is a fine young man...............A "towering genius" like Lincoln, MLK and Capt. Prater himself.

Prater is a hero in my eyes. Just as the great Dr. Martin Luther King stood up against discrimination, Prater too has took on this ugly beast and won. As a pilot group, we should feel proud in knowing we were part of a historical change in the Age 60 rule by putting our collective voice together and saying "NO! We will not tolerate discrimination by throwing our older pilots to the street cold and hungry"

We should be proud.

LMFAO!

He was? No! He is a fine young man...............A "towering genius" like Lincoln, MLK and Capt. Prater himself.
Proof positive of cognitive decline in advanced age.

Latest resources

Back