• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Delta to merge!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this was just a trial ballon to see what the stocks would do. The jumped quite a bit then when DL's CEO came out denying it they only closed up a fraction of what they were.

This whole mess is far from over.

Another tactic

The "leaks" could also be designed to put pressure on the real merger target (NWA?) by suggesting that they will be left at the altar unless they say "I do" promptly.

I can't see how that would go down peacefully. DAL and UAL?? Just the size of the two makes it a GIGANTIC headache. YIKES...kinda scary actually...especially if I was new at either of the two. I hope it doesn't happen...they are too big by themselves as it is. Merging means major shrinking.

Well, when our CEO goes on CNBC and tells everyone that we have not, and are not engaging in talks WITH United, I would say that there is a fairly good chance we are NOT. He could be sued by stockholders if he is lying, and everyone has a copy of the tape. I do believe our board is looking into mergers, but only one that helps our stock and our value. If the opportunity isn't there, then it won't happen. Dumb mergers wanted by hedge funds won't happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

WOW!!! An airline CEO that doesn't lie, now theres a new concept!!!

GL I hope your smarter then that.

WOW!!! An airline CEO that doesn't lie, now theres a new concept!!!

GL I hope your smarter then that.

If he's lying directly to Congress when they ask a direct question then he's an idiot and whatever you think of Mr Anderson, he's no idiot.

This merger is a fabrication by some Wall Steet types trying to make a quick buck. Mergers may happen but is almost certain when they do we won't get any forewarning. We'll hear about it when it's a done deal.

If he's lying directly to Congress when they ask a direct question then he's an idiot and whatever you think of Mr Anderson, he's no idiot.

Never said that Mr. Anderson was a idiot! The guy is a Airline CEO that has more money then any of us will see.
Now if you believe that an Airline CEO doesn't lie then your the idiot.

Never said that Mr. Anderson was a idiot! The guy is a Airline CEO that has more money then any of us will see.

Sup Surf......Where you been hiding?
How's the fishing down in NC??

Later,

I never said Anderson wouldn't lie, but stating things on TV and in official press releases make pretty good evidence in any lawsuit that comes up from unhappy stockholders. I am happy that we actually have an "airline guy" and not a banker (Leo) with no airline experience.

So, how's Cooter and Daisy in NC? Eatin a bunch of crawdads lately? When will Piedmont get those Dash-8-400s? They will rock!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pylt and Lee, been a long time. Haven't done much fishing lately (daughter keeps me too busy) however things are going good down in the Bern.

Remember, you two Deltoids are welcome to visit anytime and drop back a couple of bourbons.

LOL

Lee we vote on our Large Turbo Prop rates soon, and our first batch of people get released to go to Mainline March 08. If we get Q400's I am gonna stay here, if not I will line up for the US Airways job and also burn resumes to other carriers...... LIKE DELTA!!

Why? You two wanna recommed me to Delta? :)

Latest resources

Back