Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luv2fly

SWA FO
Heard it on the news this morning, so you know its accurate. They are keeping the United name and the Chicago offices and keeping ATL as a hub.

Well considering they made a statement last night saying that they are not. read other posts this is all b.s

As an employee of a merged airline I can assure you that they will say the "we are not merging" line until the day they merge.

One airline buys another. If they are going to keep the United name is United buying Delta? If so, the Delta pilots will get screwed.

Well considering they made a statement last night saying that they are not. read other posts this is all b.s

Who is they? Just read on the all knowing internet as of yesterday both companies have set up committees and agree that consolidation is what the industry needs. The article had quotes concerning the buyout details in regards to stock premium and such. Not saying its a done deal just reporting the news "Fair and accurate" lol

I believe this is now at least the 4th thread on this...

There was a letter that was leaked that one of the hedge funds "strongly suggested" that the companies talk about it.

This is the current week's merger that is GONNA HAPPEN. Next week.... Northwest and First Air.

Who is they? Just read on the all knowing internet as of yesterday both companies have set up committees and agree that consolidation is what the industry needs. The article had quotes concerning the buyout details in regards to stock premium and such. Not saying its a done deal just reporting the news "Fair and accurate" lol

Well, when our CEO goes on CNBC and tells everyone that we have not, and are not engaging in talks WITH United, I would say that there is a fairly good chance we are NOT. He could be sued by stockholders if he is lying, and everyone has a copy of the tape. I do believe our board is looking into mergers, but only one that helps our stock and our value. If the opportunity isn't there, then it won't happen. Dumb mergers wanted by hedge funds won't happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well, when our CEO goes on CNBC and tells everyone that we have not, and are not engaging in talks WITH United, I would say that there is a fairly good chance we are NOT. He could be sued by stockholders if he is lying, and everyone has a copy of the tape. I do believe our board is looking into mergers, but only one that helps our stock and our value. If the opportunity isn't there, then it won't happen. Dumb mergers wanted by hedge funds won't happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree. General has a valid point, that if he is lying, huge lawsuits could be in store for some individuals.

Forgive my ingnorance though and strickly a hypothetical question, but if this did happen, which company would have a controlling stake in the new airline. I would think Delta is in a much better financial position to aquire United then vice versa.

I agree. General has a valid point, that if he is lying, huge lawsuits could be in store for some individuals.

Forgive my ingnorance though and strickly a hypothetical question, but if this did happen, which company would have a controlling stake in the new airline. I would think Delta is in a much better financial position to aquire United then vice versa.

I wouldn't think he has any obligation to tell the truth if it's in the company's best interest not to. It's not like he's under oath or being deposed. Besides, he said they weren't in "ongoing" talks and that offers some latitude for interpretation.

Latest resources

Back