United 93 Movie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly-n-hi said:
Do you mind if I ask how much of your own money you have donated? Normally I'd say it's none of my business but since you are judging others for how much they are giving I figure its ok to ask you.
Fly-n-hi,

I don't mind you asking. I was the first FFDO at my previous airline and I am still one at my current airline. Some people find it easier to donate money than to give personnel time. I chose to give my time. I have served in the army and before that I used to do search and rescue for the local Sheriff's office. I all this voluntarily. I don't know how to but a monetary value on all of that.

Formula

Last edited:
Deerkiller said:
The fact of the matter is every family member of those who perished on that flight signed off on the movie. I just saw a Larry King interview with the actors and some of the family members. They all seem quite excited about the upcoming release. If the movie is ok with the family, it's ok with me.

Oh and by the way, if Silent Hill can make 20 million the first weekend, I think United 93 can do it. That would be a 2 million donation, nothing to snub your nose at.

We must never forget
Deerkiller,

A couple of weeks ago while getting my wx brief from the USA Today they had an ariticle on this movie and not all the familiy members signed off on the movie. Infact some of them wish the movie would not be shown and people would respect their wishes. The article was in the lifestyle section where the suduko puzzle is located. I also recall hearing an interview on NPR from a couple of the familiy members of United 93 who reject the idea of a movie. The NPR story was about up and coming 9-11 movies.

Formula

Last edited:
Just a tidbit of useless infomation I thought I would share. The United 93 FO is played by Gary Commock. He is a pilot for UPS.
GB

CatfishVT9 said:
Magnum is right on the money. These knuckleheads who point to wild conspiracies seldom think about the layers of people who would have to keep silent. Not just one pilot, how about the guy's wingman? Or the controller who authorized the shot (after presidential approval) and all those around him, or the ordnance guys who loaded the weapons. I could go on but the bottom line is that the military if run by Americans, and Americans have big fat mouths!! Especially when it comes to exposing a lie.

Can you say "Roswell NM"?!:eek: ;)

The only conspiracy theory I see as plausible would be a bomb going off and damaging the plane or a high speed structural failure/loss of control. I don't see an AIM-9 as part of the equation.

I don't have any 757 experience, but at 5000 feet how fast could you fly that thing without losing it? Is it possible to Mach Tuck a 757 that low to the ground? That kept bouncing around in my head...

Last edited:
Melon said:
Again, I am usually not a "conspiracy theorist" but I do believe UAL 93 was taken out. If not, something happened to constitute a cover-up of some kind. "

If the plane were shot down, the wreckage would have been spread out. We all know it was concentrated in one area. There would be some fragments, large and small much further from the crash site.

Also, "RV" beat "93" in total box office by about 20 percent but was shown on more than twice as many screens to do it. "93" had about 6500 bucks per screen. That's huge.

Spectre said:
Melon said:
Again, I am usually not a "conspiracy theorist" but I do believe UAL 93 was taken out. If not, something happened to constitute a cover-up of some kind. "

If the plane were shot down, the wreckage would have been spread out. We all know it was concentrated in one area. There would be some fragments, large and small much further from the crash site.

Actually, wasn't the tail found about 5 miles away from the main crash site with a trail of debris? At the end of the movie, it stated the military did not know about United 93 before it crashed and the nearest fighter was 100 miles away. That certainly wasn't how I remembered it.

God bless everyone on flight 93. The horror of 9/11 sadly needs to be revisited every so often... it seems the U.S. public wants to suppress it, a natural reaction.

Guys, please stop promoting whack conspiracies. I believe they are destructive, and definitely distracting.

Assume for a moment it was shot down. It's pretty obvious that the jet was on its way to DC to wreak havoc. Everyone on that jet was doomed; a shootdown would be the lesser evil. Why would it be suppressed?

Latest resources

Back