• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United 93 Movie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As others have said, it is a movie whose timing could not have been better...this is certainly a story that needs to be told in order to keep what happened on that day fresh on our memories.

From an aviation stand point, the director, Paul Greengrass's attention to detail could not have been better. It really looked like they had access to a United 757 as opposed to a soundstage.

All the technical details aside, go see it...it's not as graphic as it could have been, though there are a few scenes that will make you cringe. You'll walk out of the theater with a renewed appreciation for the brave passengers on United 93 that made the first strike against those who long to destroy our freedoms.

Pecan said:
Formula,

While I understand your concern for someone profiting from a horrific tragedy, I must disagree. How many film makers made money from Pearl Harbor, D-day, Vietnam, the Holocaust etc....?? The average 9-11 victim's family already receives over $1 million....some get much more!!! Have you ever compared that to the proceeds given to a fallen soldier's family??? It's a bloomin joke. I'm not suggesting that it was not the altruistic thing to do by giving monetarily to those victims, but there are many other innocent victims whose families never benefited from a special trust fund....much less were entitled to some type of royalty from the making of a movie.

Bottom line: The public seems to rapidly be forgetting what happend on that terrible day. If this movie helps America's short memories, as well as gives a portion of the proceeds to a worthy cause, then I believe it's a good thing.

Good day.

I third that....very well said!

Formula 1 said:
The movie only cost them 20 million to make. Why not give the proceeds to the families of 9-11? Pay for their medical bills, scholarship funds for the childern who lost a parent.
Because the government's job is to protect us, not the filmmaker. If the filmmaker's job was to be protecting us, we would have seen 9/11 coming in a decade's worth of movies from Chuck Norris to Denzil Washington.

FN FAL said:
Because the government's job is to protect us, not the filmmaker. If the filmmaker's job was to be protecting us, we would have seen 9/11 coming in a decade's worth of movies from Chuck Norris to Denzil Washington.

FN FAL, I like you, but we protect us. Not the Govt'. By the American willingness to shoot back. I know you like guns, me too. I kinda like that our Prez is a little crazy and unpredictable. People will have a field day with that statement, but it's the truth.

Bottom line, the whole world can invade America, and there would be about 100M people shooting back and fighting like mad. The rest of the 180M? I honestly think they would be cheering for the "other side."

MAGNUM!! said:
FN FAL, I like you, but we protect us.
I know that already. That was satire, the government has no responsibility to protect us as individuals. We are on our own.

However, with that fact tossed aside, the film maker has no obligation to pay us anything. The film maker is private industry and he gained his rights to the material necessary to make the film in a lawful manner (we must assume). We owe him nothing and he owes us nothing, unless of course you want to see the film.

This movie is part fiction, IMO. I am not a conspiricy theorist, but I believe UAL 93 was shot down by the US government.

Melon said:
This movie is part fiction, IMO. I am not a conspiricy theorist, but I believe UAL 93 was shot down by the US government.
I could almost believe that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back