• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United 10/15 Class Assignments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would give some thought to skipping the car altogether. I drove mine out, but I don't think the amount I used it justified it. You'll take shuttles to and from the airport, some of the hotels offer shuttles downtown, and the Stapleton area now offers quite a bit to do right around TK. The biggest reason to have on is if you are not going home on your days off and want to explore.

You may want to check this place out for a car if you stay in town on days off:

http://www.airlineautorental.com/

OK cars at a cheap (as in airline pilot) rate. And it is across the street from the training center, too. As far as accommodations go, the Red Lion had the cheapest hotel room rate 7 years ago, FWIW. Good luck and welcome!

Welcome to United guys!

Beer is on me and whoever else you fly with during your first year here.

Hopefully in the next few weeks you will see how the new ALPA-MEC leader sets the tone! Things are about to change towards the pilots favor.

well i can guarantee ill be the most junior for 10/29 unless i can get it changed in the next 2 weeks.

SKIPPY , DOH!

Hay Skip...
Congrats on UAL man. Well deserved.

Always
Motch

PS> Maybe you can keep an eye on RB! LOL

Senior guy in the class is 0001 and junior guy is 9999 based on last four of your social security number.

There are very few affordable options for hotels. We had a few guys at the Doubletree and Radisson. There is an extended stay hotel on Quebec for 800/month but we had one person's car broken into there..so they packed up and left. We also had a handful of people staying with family / friends in the area.

AFAIK, United's class seniority has always been based on last 4 of SSAN.

For hotels, I posted this on another board. Take it for what it's worth:
For a place to stay, pick a hotel chain and join their frequent guest program.

Specifically, I'd recommend Marriott because I find you can go cheap cheap and still get great perks.
For the Denver area, the Fairfield Inn Aurora (not too far from TK; I've stayed there before) is $89/nite for 11-23 Dec with/without military rate. Go without military rate and use Premium Pounds coupons. For Fairfield Inn, you can use 50 Premium Pound coupons, saving you ~$50/nite off the rate. Coupons are good for two nights and can be had for ~$40. So your net cost at Fairfield Inn is around $59/nite. Includes free highspeed internet, complimentary breakfast and a kitchen.

Or, you could stay at the Rennaissance right next to TK. The rate is $140/nite, but you can use 100 Premium Pound coupons, saving you ~$100/nite. Coupons can be had for ~$70. So your net cost would be $75/nite, but no free highspeed internet or breakfast until you become a Marriott Gold (50 nites in a calendar year) and no kitchen.

Once you hit a status with a hotel chain, they treat you great. I'm a platinum with Marriott and I get free suite upgrades, complimentary breakfast, lounge access, etc. Plus I accumulate points for free hotel nights.

I recommend that you spend a little time at www.flyertalk.com on their forums and get more information on frequent traveler programs and how to play the game. Every hotel chain has a program, so whatever one you decide on, I'd stick with it.

As far as the Premium Pound coupons, I don't sell them, but you can get them on Ebay and a number of other sources. They also are Bonus Bucks and Extra Euros. All are denominated in the particular currency (Pounds, Dollars, Euros). The most bang for the buck is Premium Pounds.

What happened to this part??

"If I am offered a position, when will I know my assignment (base and aircraft) as a new hire pilot for United?
You will "bid" for an assignment and base during your first week of training. Student pilots are assigned random numbers by a computer to determine bid order. "

AFAIK, United's class seniority has always been based on last 4 of SSAN.

For hotels, I posted this on another board. Take it for what it's worth:
For a place to stay, pick a hotel chain and join their frequent guest program.

Specifically, I'd recommend Marriott because I find you can go cheap cheap and still get great perks.
For the Denver area, the Fairfield Inn Aurora (not too far from TK; I've stayed there before) is $89/nite for 11-23 Dec with/without military rate. Go without military rate and use Premium Pounds coupons. For Fairfield Inn, you can use 50 Premium Pound coupons, saving you ~$50/nite off the rate. Coupons are good for two nights and can be had for ~$40. So your net cost at Fairfield Inn is around $59/nite. Includes free highspeed internet, complimentary breakfast and a kitchen.

Or, you could stay at the Rennaissance right next to TK. The rate is $140/nite, but you can use 100 Premium Pound coupons, saving you ~$100/nite. Coupons can be had for ~$70. So your net cost would be $75/nite, but no free highspeed internet or breakfast until you become a Marriott Gold (50 nites in a calendar year) and no kitchen.

Once you hit a status with a hotel chain, they treat you great. I'm a platinum with Marriott and I get free suite upgrades, complimentary breakfast, lounge access, etc. Plus I accumulate points for free hotel nights.

I recommend that you spend a little time at www.flyertalk.com on their forums and get more information on frequent traveler programs and how to play the game. Every hotel chain has a program, so whatever one you decide on, I'd stick with it.

As far as the Premium Pound coupons, I don't sell them, but you can get them on Ebay and a number of other sources. They also are Bonus Bucks and Extra Euros. All are denominated in the particular currency (Pounds, Dollars, Euros). The most bang for the buck is Premium Pounds.
Andy,

The Fairfield that you are talking about is the one right by the Homestead in Aurora, where I am planning to stay... I take it the drive is reasonable to TK?...How is the area?
Thanks

Latest resources

Back