- Mar 30, 2006
- Total Time
Typical Union propaganda. Use member's dues to make a slick video to back up their endorsement and use it as a campaign ad. Pretty clever.Most important thing you will watch in the next two months.
Typical Union propaganda. Use member's dues to make a slick video to back up their endorsement and use it as a campaign ad. Pretty clever.
1. Tax cuts for the rich? First of all, I am not rich. I have a piece of real estate, that I have had for quite a number of years. I would like to sell it in the next few years. If the capital gains tax expires (as Barama would like). my tax burden will go from 15% to the maximum rate. For that one year I'll be "rich" and by golly, I will pay for it. How many of our jobs are directly related to the tax breaks offerred to wealthy Americans when they purchase shares of expensive aircraft? How many on this board, wouldn't mind being rich?
2. Recession? While it may feel like we are in a recession, technically we are not. We are in a slow down exasperated by high oil prices and a real estate and credit crisis, fueled by irresponsible bankers and consumers. How many union members went in over their head and bought too much house for too much money?
3. NAFTA? Bill Clinton was a huge supporter of NAFTA
when he was president. I have not heard Barama say anything about turning back the clock on NAFTA.
4. Guest Worker Program? How abaout amanesty? Isn't that what the Dems have pushed? How about securing our borders and cracking down on employers of illegals. All the dems want to do is grant amnesty to the miliions of illegals, that have already taken American jobs and nothing about preventing future illegals from coming and taking more of them.
5. Health Care? It sounds as though this video wants the cake and eat it too. We have the best health care system in the World. We also have on of the most expensive. You cannot reduce the cost of healthcare, make it more affordable, and maintain the level of excellance at the same time.
6. Social Security and Medicare? Democratic programs they are. Neither party wants to touch either of these. If the original concept of each were never monkied with, they both might be viable programs. Did you know that a person (spouse) caring a dependant (daughter) of a person drawing social secuirty, is also eligible for a check? I know someone doing this and it is perfectly legal. Is that what Social secuirty is for? Why not let the private sector manage Social Secuirty? The government has certainly demonstrated it can't.
I am not railing against unions. just union bosses. If this were my union doing this video, I would be very unhappy.
Tell me exactly where I am wrong. And by the way, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are just self serving blowhards who are only interested in promoting themselves. Having said that, they are entertaining, just like Steven Colbert.Oh really, well thanks for setting me right in that really condescending way.
I suggest you check your references and do more than just listening to Rush and Bill O. Your "facts" that you shared with me are almost all completely wrong.
Do some homework.