Union shops w/out contracts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hehe.. buy new planes? :) They bought the 8th Saab 340 ever made... :D

Yeh, I'd like to get something positive going.. I'll start looking into it..

Tram said:
Regions maybe go unionless soon, as the local union is doing exactly squat for us.. Appearantly all the guys who knew anything about the union bailed about 3 months into unionhood and no one knows anything.. Or so it seems..

Nothing is happening now.. I've been here almost a year and have seen nothing, heard nothing, spoken to no one from the local 747..

I wouldn't even know where to begin paying dues.. I would love to see something happen, some labor issue's, money issue's, however right now the union is about as uselessl as tits on a bull..

Having the same problem at my shop. There are only about 3 to 5 dispatchers left that still support the uninon they voted in. The rest showed there support by leaving as soon as they could. As far as paying dues, I would let them come find me if I were you. You shouldn't have to be paying any w/o a contract.

ShutupandFly said:
Having the same problem at my shop. There are only about 3 to 5 dispatchers left that still support the uninon they voted in. The rest showed there support by leaving as soon as they could. As far as paying dues, I would let them come find me if I were you. You shouldn't have to be paying any w/o a contract.

Cape Air recently voted in teamsters and the way I understand it is that Teamasters agreed not to ask for dues until they have a contract in place. I think they are shooting for a 2007 contract.

Best of luck to the Cape Air pilots! I believe that the more that pilots stand up for themselves and insist that their salaries be accepted (by companies and the customers) as a cost of doing business just like the jet fuel, the better off all pilots will be. Low wages are used against pilots in other companies as an excuse to underpay them--NJ pilots saw that during their contract battle. I think the same wage influence can spread from industry to industry. If the frac industry starts to draw pilots from the regionals those companies will have to raise wages to retain their aviators. Naturally, if pilots from all industries make a stand at the same time it will hasten the process and management forces will get the message sooner---

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY

Latest resources

Back