• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union at Shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"If we don't get our food, we delay the flight and go get some, simple as that." -NetJets explaining to the owner why their $20,000 airplane ride will be delayed.

If the human body can survive one week without food I'm fairly certain one could make it 3 or 4 hours with a light snack packed just for such an ocassion.

On second thought you guys have a union so therefore keeping the owners happy isn't important.

Carry some Clif Bars around you pu$$ies.

By not having YOUR contract, we may be leaving SOME money on the table, true enough. But our base pay is pretty close, our per diem is higher, and we work about the same amount per year. I'm aware of the differences in vacation and health care, but a blanket statement that we're giving away a ton of money simply by not having "a contract" seems to be assuming an awful lot. I had "a contract" at the regional I worked for, but I don't remember it netting me a whole lot of gain in the long run.

Several things you missed:

Here at NJA I am receiving around 30% OVER my base pay due to incidental overtime and an occassional 2 extended day's pay due to them not getting me home in 14 hours or by midnight on the last day (we also get time recovery off the front of the next tour so I pocket around $1600 and get all of my time back each time). So you are correct that our BASE pay is the same, a little over $92k for me but I had over $137k on the W2 for last year. That sounds like more than "some money".

Generally we do not spend our per-diem either. Many of your guys tell me they spend some each day. So the fact that you make about $10/day more per-diem than us really means you end up with about $10/day less doesn't it?

Same days per year? I worked 147 days in 2006. Had several 6 day tours because of the time recovery thing. Got home after midnight on the last day (and a little after Noon on my first day off), pocketed $1600, and had the first day off the next tour.

Keep in mind that I never asked for a single extra workday. Had I done that I would have made substantially more. I am also NOT on the reserve schedule but if I chose that it would add more than $17k to the base pay.

Oh yeah, I have already seen over $2000 in grievance payouts over the last 12 months.

So how does this real world example compare?

Several things you missed:

Here at NJA I am receiving around 30% OVER my base pay due to incidental overtime and an occassional 2 extended day's pay due to them not getting me home in 14 hours or by midnight on the last day (we also get time recovery off the front of the next tour so I pocket around $1600 and get all of my time back each time). So you are correct that our BASE pay is the same, a little over $92k for me but I had over $137k on the W2 for last year. That sounds like more than "some money".

Generally we do not spend our per-diem either. Many of your guys tell me they spend some each day. So the fact that you make about $10/day more per-diem than us really means you end up with about $10/day less doesn't it?

Same days per year? I worked 147 days in 2006. Had several 6 day tours because of the time recovery thing. Got home after midnight on the last day (and a little after Noon on my first day off), pocketed $1600, and had the first day off the next tour.

Keep in mind that I never asked for a single extra workday. Had I done that I would have made substantially more. I am also NOT on the reserve schedule but if I chose that it would add more than $17k to the base pay.

Oh yeah, I have already seen over $2000 in grievance payouts over the last 12 months.

So how does this real world example compare?

Sounds fine and dandy, but again, that's YOUR contract. Results may and often do vary depending on economic conditions, negotiating committees, pilot attitudes, etc. There's no guarantee that we would be able to trump or even match your contract. And I remember that your pilots were miserable for years before you finally got the contract you have now. No misery here, at least speaking for myself. So maybe you can understand why not everyone here is eager upset the apple cart.

Sounds fine and dandy, but again, that's YOUR contract. Results may and often do vary depending on economic conditions, negotiating committees, pilot attitudes, etc. There's no guarantee that we would be able to trump or even match your contract. And I remember that your pilots were miserable for years before you finally got the contract you have now. No misery here, at least speaking for myself. So maybe you can understand why not everyone here is eager upset the apple cart.

Very good point. If your group does not have the desire, it is a lost cause. I see your point of view. But that 401K is pathetic:puke:. They could change it tomorrow. But will they? Don't count on it. Every day they wait saves them big bucks. Best paid in the industry is what your CEO says huh? Well, he is full of crap. He cares about nothing but the bottom line. That is how CEO's operate. But I digress.

Funny, I was talking to two CS guys today in the van at, wait I won't name the city, don't what the ass clowns to go after them. Anyways, they had nothing but good things to say about our CBA, had no problem saying we got them the raise. Basically they said, NJA is a career job, CS....not so much. It is to bad.
You guys need to raise that bar. Until then you are slackers!:D

Last edited:
How many of you NJ soapbox preachers have been there since their inception? You are all a bunch of band wagon jumpers that wern't there when your company was start up likeus at CS are. Us at CS have a reason to be proud at the growth we made in such a short time. We didn't jump on the CS bandwagon, we are dealing with the growing pains. We will never be as big as NJ (by design), but we will always be BETTER, and I am very proud to be a team member at CitationShares. WE ARE THE BEST. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Kid.

As I've said before...some of us weren't pilots or glimmer's in our parent's eyes in 1967. I guess that'd make every NJA pilot a bandwagon jumper. Sorry for the history lesson, but that's the simple truth, kid.

How many of you NJ soapbox preachers have been there since their inception? You are all a bunch of band wagon jumpers that wern't there when your company was start up likeus at CS are. Us at CS have a reason to be proud at the growth we made in such a short time. We didn't jump on the CS bandwagon, we are dealing with the growing pains. We will never be as big as NJ (by design), but we will always be BETTER, and I am very proud to be a team member at CitationShares. WE ARE THE BEST. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Kid.

Dang.........That was some extra "special" sugar in that kool aid. Must be better than the kool aid that our 33% are drinking

I think it is a good thing you have so much pride in your company. Good for you!!!

However, I fail to see the point of the last comment?

BTW, I am proud of the growth we have enjoyed at NJA as well. It is a testament to the fine quality of the union pilots we have here.

It is a testament to the fine quality of the union pilots we have here.

There you go again. This is twice on these boards you have inferred that there is a difference betwen union pilots and a non-union pilots. Belonging to a union does not mean that a pilot is more professional or is of finer quality than a non-union pilot.

Latest resources

Back