• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uniform in public

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems to be a somewhat common thread among some of the brethren. False modesty, where they think that somehow being in uniform in any other setting than the terminal or the aircraft is "being a tool" because they think if you have it on, everybody's gonna be staring at you. The fact of the matter is, at some point in this carreer, you get over yourself, take a little pride in your uniform and your job, (hopefully), wear your uniform to and from work, along with any other stops that need to me made, (i.e doctor, gas, food, bank, family, whatever), and you don't feel the need to schuck everything off and de-emphasize anything, because you realize.......nobody (with the exception of the occasional fellow pilot with an opinion like the thread starter) gives a rat's a$$ what you're wearing. Really.... they don't. So why go to the trouble of de-emphasizing what nobody friggin cares about anyway? Unless there's beer involved, don't worry about it, and have a little pride.

Hey Crackhead,

Maybe she was on her way to work and didn't want to change at the airport. So what??? WHO F*&ckin cares, is that all you have to worry about??

Shut your piehole!!

You can’t tell me you guys have never seen a pilot miles from an airport in full uniform walking around acting like they are a cool top gun pilot and thinking to yourself, “What a dork.”

Now I can understand stopping on the way home from work and grabbing the Chinese food, or drinking a few at the airport lounge (very common in Asia), but sitting in a doctor’s office for an hour is just ridiculous to me. Yea, I don’t know if she was coming or going but who cares; if you have enough time to stop at the doctor’s office for and hour then you have enough time to take most of your monkey suit off.

And no I didn’t hit it. She was not a looker, that’s for sure. Come to think of it, I’ve never seen a good looking female pilot at AA. The ones I’ve seen all looked butch to me.

Cheers

So here I am, on Flight Info, and this Dork posts about this female AA Pilot wearing her uniform to get her physical. What do you guys think of that?

Whats the big deal? She was probably on her way to work.

Esprit

Hey, I just did it myself. Flew into the town where my AME was, rented a car and drove to his office, got my ticket, drove back the airport and jumpseated home. You really think I should take the time to open up my rollerboard, grab my wrinkly dress down shirt out, and put it on for a 30 minute exam???

Give me a break. Like I think my doc is going to be impressed...or anybody else for that matter...with my stupid uniform. I'm just lazy.

- Six

The uniform and ID can actually be used to your advantage with chicks. I have never purposely worn it in public but I have flashed my ID so a chick could get a look and ask if I worked for an airline. “Yeah, I’m an Airline Pilot” is usually my confident response. Usually I get a number shortly after.

I have a friend who flew for Gulfstream and now for Continental. This guy would put his uniform on and go into Starbucks and hit on the chicks behind the counter and older married women drinking cofee with their friends. People will call me a liar but he got a married chick to give him a humm#r in the Starbucks parking lot, with his uniform on! Granted, he had been there and talked her up on two different occassions but wow! The funniest part had to her being married to a MIA American 767 Capt.

I'd be tempted to say that story was bs, but awhile back I was in jeans and a t-shirt ordering coffee at a starbucks in barnes and noble and the girl almost dumped the coffee on me while she was drooling over this geek in a flight school uniform with stripes and a badge walking across behind me. She probably had to go change her panties after that. I'm guessing the humm#r part is true and the mia 767 capt. part is an embellishment.

Last edited:
The uniform and ID can actually be used to your advantage with chicks. I have never purposely worn it in public but I have flashed my ID so a chick could get a look and ask if I worked for an airline. “Yeah, I’m an Airline Pilot” is usually my confident response. Usually I get a number shortly after.

I have a friend who flew for Gulfstream and now for Continental. This guy would put his uniform on and go into Starbucks and hit on the chicks behind the counter and older married women drinking cofee with their friends. People will call me a liar but he got a married chick to give him a humm#r in the Starbucks parking lot, with his uniform on! Granted, he had been there and talked her up on two different occassions but wow! The funniest part had to her being married to a MIA American 767 Capt.

Did you happen to mention that your monthly take home pay is probably less than the part-time Latte milker?:rolleyes:

Cute story. From my South Florida experience, this is what is behind the counter 99% of the time. Usually there is about 750 lbs of it. If it works for you, go for it.
http://www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/Cynthia McKinney from voccoquan.jpg

Last edited:
So you're saying you were both there for OB/GYN appointments? What's the big deal.

HEYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! BMD is back and angry as ever, that's good. Make sure you use that skill in your current job, it works wonders on those lazy fooks. Where have you been? To busy to come to FI and bash dumba$$es like this guy that started this thread?

Ooo...I went into a Chinese restaurant in full uniform on the way home so I could pick up dinner for the wife and kids last week. I'm not about to bother pulling my epaulets off when I have a set of wings embroidered on my shirt. I'm not ashamed of my uniform and I don't wear it in public for any other reason than I'm on my way to or from work. If I had a tight schedule to get my physical done as I came to or from work, I wouldn't think twice about wearing my uniform.

FlightInfo is full of threads where whiners complain about seeing someone in uniform pumping gas or driving down the highway. What's the big deal? Take care of your own needs and leave the rest of the world alone.

Oh, yeah. I just saw a nurse in her uniform at the grocery store. Shameful!

No offense, but if I ever saw you pumping gas in uniform, I'd pull up next to you, slip you a $50 and ask for a top off and a window wash!

Now that would be hilarious.

Latest resources

Back