Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Last edited:
I'll go you one better.

This is an excerpt from the company-transcribed summary of the Pilot Call-In Conference Call from January 24. Under the "Files" header on Yammer, it lists RH as the owner, i.e., the uploader.

KR: A little background as to how I got into this industry. I first flew in 1977, I was military trained. I also flew as a freight pilot in a Beach 18, and a Turbo Commander. I was hired by Northwest Orient but got furloughed and then I went to law school. I wanted to keep my hand in aviation, and it was during that time in law school that I bought a small 135 certificate: Corporate Wings. I grew that into a management company that had 27 aircraft and in 1998 I founded Flight Options with the idea of focusing on used aircraft in the Fractional market. In 2002 Flight Options was sold to Raytheon, a decision I thought would never happen. It was an unusual turn of events. After we put the 2 companies together through a merger of Travel Air and Flight Options, Raytheon decided they wanted to own the combined entity to use it as a distribution channel for the sales of their aircraft, much like Bombardier did with Flexjet. They didn’t do such a good job and that gave me the opportunity to buy it back again in 2009. I will tell you that I don’t lack commitment for this business, I love it. I’ve worked very hard to be in this business and I’m not going anywhere. What I just did was give you a very long answer to the question that was submitted “Do we have an exit strategy, are you going to sell the business?” And I can just tell you I’m here for the long term, I love this company.

WL. Since you seem to be interested in KR's past, have you found out what he flew in his military training? Ask him next time when he sends you his talking points.

I'll go you one better.

This is an excerpt from the company-transcribed summary of the Pilot Call-In Conference Call from January 24. Under the "Files" header on Yammer, it lists RH as the owner, i.e., the uploader.

KR: A little background as to how I got into this industry. I first flew in 1977, I was military trained. I also flew as a freight pilot in a Beach 18, and a Turbo Commander. I was hired by Northwest Orient but got furloughed and then I went to law school. I wanted to keep my hand in aviation, and it was during that time in law school that I bought a small 135 certificate: Corporate Wings. ...

Now contrast that with what he said on the record in the case of "Thomas Bowden, et al vs. Flight Options, LLC" in 2003.

Q. Where did you work as a pilot?

A. I worked at Niles Airways. I worked at Mercury Aviation, those are really - - just as a straight pilot?

Q. Yes. Just as a line pilot, those are the two places?

A. Yes

Q. And the time period for Niles?

A. Through about 1978 and '79

Q. And Mercury Aviation?

A. Like '81, late '80 and '81.

Q. It was after Mercury that you purchased Corporate Wings, Is that right?

A. Yes

As near as I can tell, Niles Airways appears to have been a small 135 on demand air carrier out of Niles, Michigan (population 11,600) where the longest runway is 4100', but not too far from South Bend/Notre Dame. Hmm, so apparently Niles Airways is the same thing as Northwest Orient. Who knew?

WOW 993. Is KR a habitual liar or a pathological liar? I don't have a backround in psychology.

I don't have a background in psychology either, I just reported what Kenn Ricci said under oath. However, I'm am not convinced it is that simple. A quick google search lead me to this:

Understanding important distinctions between criminal sociopaths and psychopaths

Source: Wikipedia

Many forensic psychologists, psychiatrists and criminologists use the terms sociopathy and psychopathy interchangeably. Leading experts disagree on whether there are meaningful differences between the two conditions. I contend that there are clear and significant distinctions between them.
The fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), released by the American Psychiatric Association in 2013, lists both sociopathy and psychopathy under the heading of Antisocial Personality Disorders (ASPD). These disorders share many common behavioral traits which lead to the confusion between them. Key traits that sociopaths and psychopaths share include:

• A disregard for laws and social mores
  • A disregard for the rights of others
  • A failure to feel remorse or guilt
  • A tendency to display violent behavior
In addition to their commonalities, sociopaths and psychopaths also have their own unique behavioral characteristics, as well.
Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of rage. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society, unable to hold down a steady job or stay in one place for very long. It is difficult but not impossible for sociopaths to form attachments with others. Many sociopaths are able to form an attachment to a particular individual or group, although they have no regard for society in general or its rules. In the eyes of others, sociopaths will appear to be very disturbed. Any crimes committed by a sociopath, including murder, will tend to be haphazard, disorganized and spontaneous rather than planned.
Psychopaths, on the other hand, are unable to form emotional attachments or feel real empathy with others, although they often have disarming or even charming personalities. Psychopaths are very manipulative and can easily gain people?s trust. They learn to mimic emotions, despite their inability to actually feel them, and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Psychopaths are often well educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.
When committing crimes, psychopaths carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Unlike their sociopathic counterparts, psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue. Intelligent psychopaths make excellent white-collar criminals and "con artists" due to their calm and charismatic natures. "

Does that sound like anyone you know? To be fair, I have never known him to have a tendency to display violent behavior, but I will let the readers judge whether he shares any of the the other traits and draw their own conclusions.

I found this one

Narcissistic PD and Schizoid PD
The basic dynamic of this particular brand of co-morbidity goes like this:

1. The Narcissist feels superior, unique, entitled and better than his fellow men. He thus tends to despise them, to hold them in contempt and to regard them as lowly and subservient beings.

1. The narcissist feels that his time is invaluable, his mission of cosmic importance, his contributions to humanity priceless. He, therefore, demands total obedience and catering to his ever-changing needs. Any demands on his time and resources is deemed to be both humiliating and wasteful.

1. But the narcissist is DEPENDENT on input from other people for the performance of certain ego functions (such as the regulation of his sense of self worth). Without narcissistic supply (adulation, adoration, attention), the narcissist shrivels and withers and is dysphoric (=depressed).

1. The narcissist resents this dependence (described in point 3). He is furious at himself for his neediness and - in a typical narcissistic manoeuvre (called "alloplastic defence") - he blames OTHERS for his anger. He displaces his rage and its roots.

1. Many narcissists are paranoids. This means that they are afraid of people and of what people might do to them. Think about it: wouldn't you be scared and paranoid if your very life depended continually on the goodwill of others? The narcissist's very life depends on others providing him with narcissistic supply. He becomes suicidal if they stop doing so.

1. To counter this overwhelming feeling of helplessness (=dependence on narcissistic supply), the narcissist becomes a control freak. He sadistically manipulates others to satisfy his needs. He derives pleasure from the utter subjugation of his human environment.

1. Finally, the narcissist is a latent masochist. He seeks punishment, castigation and ex-communication. This self-destruction is the only way to validate powerful voices he internalized as a child ("you are a bad, rotten, hopeless child").

Latest resources

Back