• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uh-Oh.... "Town Hall Meetings" at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After the recent rate 'reset', are we even profitable?

Important to remember: We are a business, and business exists to make a profit.

Personally, my crystal ball tells me that it's time to choose our battles wisely.

Can a DCI carrier receive any more >50 seat jets? I thought scope was maxed out and no more large RJ's can be farmed out. Not flaming just an honest question.

When ASA announced the 900s they didn't wait for meetings, they did it over the company website. When they furloughed, they did announce it on the website but followed through with meetings. They need morale to improve so they wouldn't wait any longer than they need to if they announced something good...

Cause they can't tell us before it's publicly announced, and companies don't put out press releases over the weekend :)

My guess: an order of 20 ATR72-500s

That would be sweet! But, my guess is no new aircraft of any type coming, nor any homes for the 20 50's we're losing.

My guess is just a simple Rah-Rah, go team....keep up the good work, blah blah blah. Thanks for coming.

We'll see.............

That would be sweet! But, my guess is no new aircraft of any type coming, nor any homes for the 20 50's we're losing.

My guess is just a simple Rah-Rah, go team....keep up the good work, blah blah blah. Thanks for coming.

We'll see.............

I guess you didn't listen to the 4th quarter conference call.

This press release is foretelling!

http://www.skywest.com/skywinc/invest/investor_releases/2009/April/Q1-2009-Earnings-Address.pdf

Townhall Meeting Agenda

1. There will be no performance bonus.
2. There will be plenty of doom and gloom.
3. We have to get our costs down.
4. We have to be competitive.

I hear the whistle blowing,
It's coming down the track,
Some call it contract concessions,
The meetings are about givebacks!

First, with all the MTC problems, grounding of airplanes, and other WX related cancellations, they are going to forewarn you that there will be no performance bonus. Most likely, there may be a LOSS for the quarter(about $7million according to the press release.) Keep in mind, that most of these cancellations are NON--reoccurring(one-time.) Apparently, there were 750 more cancellations this quarter than usual--due to the MTC issue. Is this a mangagement mistake?

Also, based on some of the information that has been floating around, their Fee for Departure "Rates" have been reset by the Mainline under their agreements. The reduction percentage has not been been defined, but in this recent press release, it was stated that Skywest, INC, would see a $5 million decrease in consolidated revenues for the quarter. This total, about $5 million per quarter, would affect Inc. in whole since they report in Consolidated Reports. However, on an airline basis, it affects revenues more at ASA since 100% of the flying is for Delta, where Skywest has only about 40%-50% of Delta flying.

What's coming? At some point, they will use this "opportunity" to ask for concessions. They will label it something different, but that is what it will be! Hang on to your pocketbook!

1. They will want PBS for free! about a $10 million savings.
2. They will want some other things that will affect your pocketbook.

Are you ready for the Sales Job? It's coming!

Latest resources

Back