Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a feeling speedtape is right

Yep-

As I wrote earlier-mgmt NEVER wastes time with meetings like this for fun.

-Bad things are afoot. I would bet concessions are in the offing-or at the very least a "PBS now or more furloughs" song and dance.

Yep-

As I wrote earlier-mgmt NEVER wastes time with meetings like this for fun.

-Bad things are afoot. I would bet concessions are in the offing-or at the very least a "PBS now or more furloughs" song and dance.

We shouldn't give them s*** until they fix all the other problems around here.

-Crew planning: give up trips worth flying, enough of these unproductive 16 hour 4 days. "sorry guys, finals will be 3 days late this month. we realize it effects your life, but we dont give a ********************"

-Scheduling: fix the damn red arrow days. "sorry, red arrow days aren't gonna get better, why don't you try the trade board, oh...and you better lube up" WTF do you think we've been trying

-Flight ops manager: seriously, WTF is that? I had to talk to dottie 3 times about parking crap and every time i have to wait 5+ minutes for her to hang up her personal phone call. I have never seen her or the other kid in there do anything but talk and mess around. Get rid of them if the budget is so tight....

There will be no givebacks by me. If it tanks, so be it........They are going to have to find another way of saving money. I hate to sound turse, but I feel I'm worth every penny I earn now, and then some......frankly, I don't feel like we get paid enough for the job we do, and the sacrifices we make. Enough is enough. As goes a quote in one of my favorite movies- "No bucks, no Buck Rogers".

With that being said.....if PBS is part of the gig, I'm more open to it. If there is anything I can do from an operational standpoint, I'll certainly do it. I'm as loyal a guy as can be, but my loyalty does have a price, and it's the wage I currently make, and no less.

Oh, and one other thing. I'm not so sure it's going to be increadibly bad news regarding pay cuts and PBS for the pilot group. Sure, no bonuses, but if it were truly THAT bad, I'd expect more time to be spent in Ops, with the pilots. I'm thinking this is a Rah-rah-rah...........hang in there, it will get better, don't drop your heads in defeat, kind of tactic. I'm just thinking it would be more aggressive if it was in regard to the afformentioned. I also expect for some of the ramp issues to be brought up and discussed- these outstations are killing us, as well as Delta in Atlanta.

Does anyone know if we sold the old lounge or is that airport property we were just leasing? I'm sure we could get some dollas that way

I can't quote it, but the space we lease and have leased from the airport is leased. Technically, the addition of jetbridges and the expanded C concourse at the end are "temporary." Should Delta/DCI/ASA completely fold and dissolve, it is their obligation to return the space to the way it was when the building was first constructed. However, I am told that the new space is somehow a cheaper rate per square foot than previously used. I don't know how, but that is what I've been told by management...

I can't quote it, but the space we lease and have leased from the airport is leased. Technically, the addition of jetbridges and the expanded C concourse at the end are "temporary." Should Delta/DCI/ASA completely fold and dissolve, it is their obligation to return the space to the way it was when the building was first constructed. However, I am told that the new space is somehow a cheaper rate per square foot than previously used. I don't know how, but that is what I've been told by management...

Correct, and the answer is a re issuance of bonds at a much lower interest rate.
Em jet bridges are there for a reason. (Seamless travel ;) )

"1. There will be no performance bonus.
2. There will be plenty of doom and gloom.
3. We have to get our costs down.
4. We have to be competitive."

Sounds like the typical Doug Steenland type meeting agenda. Gentlemen, welcome to doing biz with Northworst.

Latest resources

Back