UGLIEST PLANE!!!! opinions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
i'm with you on the 337...i like those things. I just could never figure one thing though:
if you carry 6 pax in those, where does the baggage go???

Also like the reverse prop noise it makes, really distinguishable.

There's this gyroplane company, don't know which one, that took a Cessna 337 and:

* Clipped the wings off
* Added a huge 2-blade rotor to the top
* Removed the rear motor, added a cargo door in its place
* Replaced the 6-cyl front engine with a Alison turboprop!
* Painted it black with a shark-mouth in the front, like a P-40.

Saw it at Sun n Fun... and I was scared! :eek:

Holy cr@p what the heck is that? Going back to ugly airplanes I am going to second the 207 as the ugliest flying truck ever. Though the plane in the previous link certainly gets an honorable mention.

NOTAM to all those dissin' my Dornier 328J....

She's not the prettiest girl at the prom...she's more like a gansta beooootch, she can please a man more ways than one and at the same time, bust a cap in yer a$$ during our routine
5000 ft/min climbs with a full load. Yeah...you laugh at us on the ground and then "oooo and ahhh" during our airshow take-offs. We're slow in cruise, but I get paid by the hour...so it doesn't matter.

I'll take the gansta girl over the high MX super model type anyday of the week...Fersheeeeeezzeeee!!!!

House

STOKED!!!!

Ya'll,

Although the C-130 has a face only a mother could love, I was overjoyed to see that nobody mentioned the Herk. Gracias,

BN

If it flies, it's beautiful. Sure beats walking or driving........

Of course there is the Shorts 360? That reminds me of my fathers moble home...

Re: STOKED!!!!

BeerNear said:
Ya'll,

Although the C-130 has a face only a mother could love, I was overjoyed to see that nobody mentioned the Herk. Gracias,

BN

no, it was spared cause that would be unfair, the c130's done so much for us....

it ain't pretty, but it's one bada$$ plane!!! :)

sure suprised me how many planes hit this thread. About the ONLY plane I'd consider ugly is the Zenith kit series. AN-2, Storch, Wilga, Shorts, Dorniers, Seabees, whatever... they're all generally pleasing to my eye. Just not the Zeniths.

C-310 ugly? You are "blind"! The -310 (swept tail) would make my top ten list of beautiful planes. noticed two late models parked on the ramp at Clover Field the other night thinking how near perfect that design is for a light twin.

Latest resources

Back