• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX/SKW Jumpseating vs. United Greed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I read it, pilots may only travel in the Flight Deck as authorized by CASS. Pilots non-revving/commuting in a cabin seat on a UAX flight operated by SkyWest must use their non-rev bennies or possess a paper NRSA ticket such as an ID 90 or ZED fare.

To me, that sounds like no jumpseating...just non-revving...is available for commuters.

So...a mesaba/compass/pinnacle/air wiskey/lynx/horizon...(a non united feeder) has to buy a zed to "flow" into the back of the A/C if there are open seats?

Non Delta feeders are allowed to flow back into the cabin on Delta. Its just those who are delta feeder guys that dont pay their yearly fees that aren't.

Same deal here as DL or am I missing something?

Last edited:
So is this the js policy for all uax operators? I haven't seen anything about this at xjt and I js'd in the cabin on gojet yesterday without a pass...

just heard that SKYW is the first to follow the directive...all will follow suite soon.... plant your paws at home

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, where is the offical memo that states this (can you post it please). Not that I doubt you I just want to see how it's actually worded, not someones version of how they think it's worded.

Just out of curiosity, where is the offical memo that states this (can you post it please). Not that I doubt you I just want to see how it's actually worded, not someones version of how they think it's worded.

Applicability All Contract Customer Service Agents
Effective Date Immediately
Policy Cabin Jumpseat Agreements on UAX flights operated by SkyWest have been
discontinued.
Flight Attendants requesting NRSA travel on UAX flights operated by SkyWest
must be electronically authorized or possess a paper NRSA ticket such as
an ID 90 or ZED fare.
Pilots may only travel OMC in the Flight Deck as authorized by CASS. Pilots
requesting NRSA travel in the cabin on UAX flights operated by SkyWest must
be electronically authorized or possess a paper NRSA ticket such as an ID
90 or ZED fare.
Additional information will be provided as available.
Procedure Discontinue use of the SkyWest Cabin Jumpseat Authorization form until further
notice.
Notify flight attendants requesting cabin jumpseats of change in policy.
Compliance FastAIR Profiles (Ctrl F1) Profile Code: SGU Name: JSA-FA
Questions DEN Training Center 303.355.2689 x10
UAX ExpressLine 303.355.2689 x32

Hey Skywest crews.. Stop being so cheap and pay the $50.

I seem to hear this a lot from people that don't have to pay fees to ride on their own equipment.

Trouble is, to ride on all SkyWests planes a Skywest employee must pay tribute to BOTH United AND Delta. If that weren't F'd up enough, Air Tran wants a fee too but if you opt for Air Tran then you can't do Delta. NOW, they're coming up with new ways to F with the jumpseat.

This is screwed up on so many levels.

I predict fuel burns will rise substantially in the very near future. Before anyone cires about how 'unprofessional' this would be, let me ask what a 'professional' should do - cut off his own n^ts?

Just read a memo from the jumpseat coordinator: THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO PILOTS!!!!

We've been instructed to talk to every CSA working our flights. If you are trying to jumpseat and the CSA gives you any static, ask to talk to the captain. Hopefully it will be solved quickly, but in the meantime, see the captain.

It would be great if it was $50, but it's $200 for United and another $200 for Delta.

And it's paid to Skywest first, I'm sure everything on the up and up..........

Hey management lackey, it adds up to over 400 dollars. This allows you the chance to use your FREE travel benefits on UAL and Delta to standby for an oversold flight and not get on!!!!!

Latest resources

Back