Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX Letter to UAL Pilots over jumpseat dispute.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, they did. The UAL and CAL MECs pooled their votes together to make that happen. Along with votes from AAA and NWA, along came Prater.

Many mainline votes also supported Woerth....It was very close.....

So you think mainline pilots should have non-rev boarding priority on the Express aircraft? YGTBSM!....

Who's code is the flight operating under? Who's airline purchases every seat on that flight?

Many mainline votes also supported Woerth....It was very close.....

It was a very close election, but a huge number of mainline reps went with Prater. The entire CAL and UAL MECs, many NWA reps, almost the entire AAA MEC (possibly all of them, can't remember exactly). I think DAL stuck with Duane, but not entirely sure. Lots of votes for Duane came from regional reps.

Who's code is the flight operating under? Who's airline purchases every seat on that flight?

Here in the DAL system....Delta Connection folks have priority on their own aircraft....AS IT SHOULD BE!....The DAL pilots wanted priority on all DCI flights, but the uproar from the Connection side stopped it...In fact many ASA pilots were going to start denying jumpseats if that had gone through....Some times you just gotta stand up to the mainline pilots...They don't own us....or our seats....

It was a very close election, but a huge number of mainline reps went with Prater. The entire CAL and UAL MECs, many NWA reps, almost the entire AAA MEC (possibly all of them, can't remember exactly). I think DAL stuck with Duane, but not entirely sure. Lots of votes for Duane came from regional reps.

But they didn't all work together....In fact the two biggest groups (DAL and UAL) pulled in opposite directions.....Face it PCL128......Mainline MECs only work together when they want to screw regional pilots....Otherwise they fight amongst themselves much more than the regional groups do......

Here in the DAL system....Delta Connection folks have priority on their own aircraft....AS IT SHOULD BE!....The DAL pilots wanted priority on all DCI flights, but the uproar from the Connection side stopped it...In fact many ASA pilots were going to start denying jumpseats if that had gone through....Some times you just gotta stand up to the mainline pilots...They don't own us....or our seats....

Joe, Joe, Joe....you are supposed to be a submissive little pilot and keep saying, "Please, sir, can I have another." I know you know this already. LOL!

Since I left I enjoy a 7.3% match that started day one and its managed by the pilots. I also have a company profit sharing plan too to the is really is just another 401K. I put $32,800 in saving last year. Yea, that's not worth paying 1.95% union dues for.

I didn't say none, I said only a handful do. Re-read my post. Sorry you had such a bad experience working at SkyWest. How many type ratings did they buy for you?

Yes, I would be telling them to immediately cancel all jumpseat agreements with the listed UAX carriers. Guess who has more leverage here? Going to war with the UAL MEC is the dumbest thing I've ever seen from a regional pilot group, and I've seen some pretty dumb things.
like when gulfwank hired you? Wait, you bought your job for what 20K? So they did not hire you, Huh?
gulfwank, peeknuckle, and now valuejet anyone notice a trend?
PBR

If you pass out that letter, prepare for war. If you hand out threatening letters, they'll go on the offense and tear you to shreds.

"UAX pilots will be left with no other choice but to deny all UAL pilots any requests for the jumpseat, regardless of aircraft tail-colors beginning 07/31/08"

Threats aren't a great way to fix problems.
I guess you are approaching this from the position you would, rolling over and sticking your butt in the air. Guess what, this isn't a threat, it is a statement of fact, fix your end of YOUR recriprocial jumpseat agreement or lose it. Nothing more, nothing less!
"tear you to shreds" OHHHH, I am really worried about that, wadda they gonna do, feed me into the CD shredder. I commute and I am not worried. If they wanna get into a poo flinging extravaganza, so be it, ball is in their court, make the effort, or find another way to work, and I will find my own way too.
PBR

So you admit that SkyWest management is doing what every airline management team should do, and uphold the rights of their pilots? And at one heck of a savings, too. Didn't even cost the SkyWest pilot's 1.95% of their earnings and 401(k) to get it done.

So you admit that SkyWest management is doing what every airline management team should do, and uphold the rights of their pilots? And at one heck of a savings, too. Didn't even cost the SkyWest pilot's 1.95% of their earnings and 401(k) to get it done.

Yeah, its costing them more in suppressed wages.:p But yeah, there is one heck of a savings...for management.:p Anyways, what rights?

Latest resources

Back