• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAV's for UPT Grads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They do more killin' from Creech than most units will ever do on deployment, and they get to go home everynight. However it's not flying, and thus sucks.

Article said to expect a follow-on cockpit. So maybe if it's treated like just another non-flying gig it won't be so bad as opposed to all you do. Wouldn't even be as bad as a desk in the Pentagon.

Well, it's seems it's only a temporary measure until they crank up a specific UAS track, but I'll admit that you're the first one to have gouge on an accurate announcement on this issue.

Well, thanks for the kudos...but to be fair, it is only because I have close contact to VERY reliable sources (when it comes to AF policy, procedures, etc).

AF guys should fly drones from a double wide. They can't land on a boat.

What about AF guys who've flown exchange tours with the Navy? I think they were somehow miraculously able to land on the boat. Also, I can't think of a single military aircraft whose mission is landing, be it on a boat, runway, or anywhere else. It's what happens between takeoff and landing that is what's important and, to be done well, takes a lot more skill than landing.

Of course you wouldn't grasp that because the only "stick" you've ever had in your hand eventually ejaculated.

There are two types of aircraft in the world. Fighters and targets. Get it?

I

Dude for as much smack as you talk you better have at least one kill. Seriously Sig, have you ever actually been in a dogfight? To read your posts, it's like you're a double ace.

Last edited:
Pilot Training Time Slashed

Tight budgets are forcing the Air Force's combat squadrons to cut back their training hours by nearly 60 percent -- "leaving frontline units unprepared to go to war," according to Defense News.
f-22.jpg

Air Combat Command (ACC), the primary provider of combat airpower, is cutting 32,000 flying hours to help compensate for its $825 million operations and maintenance shortfall.
The cuts come as Air Force aircrews are heavily worked, flying missions in Iraq, Afghanistan and over some U.S. cities in an attempt to prevent another terrorist attack.
"Starting early this summer, units may have aviators unable to get required training to maintain full combat-ready status," Col. Jim Dunn, deputy director of flight operations for ACC, said in a written statement. "Overall effectiveness will become a growing challenge."
With this cut, the command now has 21,000 flying hours left of the original 53,000-plus hours programmed for the rest of this fiscal year -- a 60 percent reduction...
Retired Gen. Hal Hornburg, former ACC commander, said the cuts are "a big deal" and show the military's grim financial situation.
"They're not cutting fat, they're cutting to the bone," Hornburg said, noting the Pentagon has taken large sums of money away from the Air Force to pay for the Army in Iraq.
Reducing flying hours will free up about $272 million, not quite a third of the command's shortfall, said Col. Dave Goossens, ACC comptroller.
This is bad news -- another sign of how the Iraq war is slowly grinding down American military readiness. But are times really that tight at the Air Force? I mean, if the generals there wanted to save $272 million, couldn't they just take a F-22 Raptor or two out of the budget, instead of staging a giant PR campaign for the dubious stealth jet? Is an extra fighter plane that much more important than every pilot's training time?
And how's this for poor choices: two of the only groups not affected by the flight-time cuts... are the "Raptor squadron [and] the Thunderbird aerial demonstration team," says Defense News.

Dude for as much smack as you talk you better have at least one kill. Seriously Sig, have you ever actually been in a dogfight? To read your posts, it's like you're a double ace.

Sarcasm apparently isn't a strong suit for you. You should read ALL my posts. I spend most of my time bashing Davegriffin and debunking all of his homocentric navy love and pent up hate for all things usaf.

Latest resources

Back