• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL wants to change jumpseating to ID90

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recall, the spring 09 issue was a software glich in apollo. The UAL pilots had no obligation whatsoever to do anything other than a professional courtesy and belonging to the same union.QUOTE]

If you're going to comment on something, you should educate yourself about it. It was far more than just a glitch in the apollo system. It started as a blatant abuse of js priority on UAX carriers by the UAL jumpseat committee. The 'glitch' was the prohibitively expensive IT excuse UAL management gave as to why they wouldn't fix the problem. Hence the return of paper forms.

Watch how quick this changes when United pilots have to pay to ride on a UAX flight....Just reciprocate on the same basis and it will change...Vinegar works better than honey in this business...despite the ramblings of Rez....

Being that you and your rjdc clowns are such vaginas, I can certainly understand your use of vinegar.

Watch how quick this changes when United pilots have to pay to ride on a UAX flight....Just reciprocate on the same basis and it will change...Vinegar works better than honey in this business...despite the ramblings of Rez....

It was resolved by having our CEO not sign a contract until it was agreed upon to have it in writing that there will be "no change" to OMC travel for all UAX pilots.

Now we are working on getting something we can show the agents so that any confusion will be cleared up right then instead of after the fact.

This isn't an issue that stems from UAX management. This is a United management issue and only the United pilots can peacefully influence United management.

Should the UAL pilots use their own bargaining leverage to negotiate for non-ALPA pilots at UAX carriers? Republic, GoJet, and Skywest are flying most of UAL's feed, and all are non-ALPA. I certainly wouldn't waste a drop of negotiating grease to pay for their jumpseat access. If the TSA, MAG, and CJC MECs come to the UAL MEC and "use honey instead of vinegar," as Rez said, then I would certainly see some value to helping out their ALPA brothers, but I couldn't give a rat's ass if GoJet pilots get free jumpseat access.

Oh well....I'm sure that in the mean time the United MEC can keep themselves busy with the childish pranks they are famous for. Whats next? "Glenn's Got To Go" beer mugs?

Well, no disagreement there.

Hardball works!

I find it curious that you only favor "hardball" tactics against your fellow ALPA pilots and never against the management team that has continuously underpaid you for your entire career. Direct your anger and "hardball" where it belongs: at management.

Hey Rez....the vinegar worked....The policy was changed when the UAX pilots banded together...That pi$$es you off for 2 reasons:

1. It was done outside of ALPA by UAX pilots who were ALPA, Teamsters, and non-union...It was more unity than I have ever seen amongst ALPA groups.

2. It was lowly regional pilots standing up to the mainline pilots...something that just isn't acceptable within ALPA.

Your "facts" are anything but. The issue last summer was resolved by a member of the CJC ALPA organizing committee, and the current CJC MEC Chairman, suggesting on an ALPA conference call the solution that was ultimately used. Your "hardball" tactics were producing the opposite results. The UAL pilots were gearing up for all-out jumpseat war with the UAX carriers that were issuing threats against them. They weren't going to cave to your barbarian tactics. It was only making them more resolute. It took some diplomacy and political acumen from a dedicated ALPA volunteer at CJC to resolve the issue without going to battle.

So, is the new policy going to effect off-line JS'ers like the origional post said?

I don't believe that was ever the case. Bad information from SAPA. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Best thing you've ever said!

You should follow his example.

Latest resources

Back