• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL wants to change jumpseating to ID90

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like August needs to be national "Fly Safe" month.
Are you gonna refigger the fuel on every possible shortcut? Its gonna be a hot summer, I predict high speed climbs and APU on, oh, say all the time. Early descents, w/320kt level off will help schedule integrity, add in the 1st turn off effort, would round out the effort, any others?
PBR

UAL pilots need to grab their BAL$$ and vote strike againt this kind of FU*&ING BULLSH!T. Someone bring to Glen to my house so I can properly educate him on the way rual American solve probelms like him in an alley behind the bar.

What, with you violating him like in Deliverance? Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:crying:

Just for the record: This initiative will not stop at UAL. If UAL MGMT is successful, it will be coming to an airline near you! This method and trickle down is exactly how the "B" scale started.

UAL pilots have to make "fighting it" a priority. If they don't, then there should be consequences for the recipricol Jump Seat at other carriers for UAL pilots. Sorry, that's the way it has to be to protect Jump Seat access in our industry. Short term pain means long term gain.

For those paying attention, AA and SWA played hardball on the multiple Jumpseat issue with all the other carriers. If you reciprocated, then you had a seat at the table. Until you reciprocated, you got only one shot at the actual J/S, if no one else showed up. Their campaign worked, even though it took a little time. The Atlanta based, Mainline Pilot group even made it priority in their concessionary negotiations.

As someone pointed out earlier, when UAX carriers, initiated by Skywest, joined together and made it a priority, suddenly the UAL MEC decided to support the cause. That was a beautiful thing to watch from the sidelines. Hopefully, the same groups will again rise to the occasion.

Took longer that I expected... but

UAX Pilots and Pass Charges
United Airlines and all UAX managements have signed an agreement whereby all UAX employees that occupy a cabin seat on any UAX flight will be charged an associated fee. It is also expected, but not written in this agreement, that UAX pilots would also be charged for a seat while traveling under the provisions of unlimited jumpseat travel on their own carrier, as well as other UAX flights.

Needless to say, the UAX pilots are outraged with this agreement. The UAL-MEC Jumpseat Committee is also in agreement that there be no charges levied for a jumpseat, flight deck or cabin. UAX pilots jumpseat agreements allow for unlimited jumpseats to all offline carriers as well as their own pilots. We fully support these UAX carriers in their efforts to exercise their agreements to their fullest .However, we cannot negotiate on their behalf, nor can we represent them in discussions with their respective managements. We will do everything we can to support these UAX pilots with their endeavors.

With this new policy being implemented, there may be some disgruntled UAX pilots who will accuse the UAL-MEC Jumpseat Committee and UA flight ops of being responsible for this policy change. Flights ops and your Jumpseat Committee are in no way responsible for its content. If you jumpseat on a UAX flight, you may encounter a UAX pilot who that may want to deny you a jumpseat. We have not seen any correspondence from the UAX jumpseat chairpersons that they would deny our pilots a jumpseat because of this new policy. Therefore, these pilots may be acting on their own behalf. Should you encounter a denial as a result of this policy change, we ask that you contact the Jumpseat Committee as soon as possible. We will not tolerate this conduct and will make the UAX Jumpseat Committee chairs aware of this immediately.

Where United Airlines and the UAX managements have entered into this agreement, it is incumbent upon the UAX pilot groups to confront their managements with these policy changes and correct them as appropriate. Your Jumpseat Committee will offer any assistance it can to the UAX committee chairs in getting this policy, as it pertains to jumpseating, reversed.

UAX Pilots and Pass Charges
United Airlines and all UAX managements have signed an agreement whereby all UAX employees that occupy a cabin seat on any UAX flight will be charged an associated fee. It is also expected, but not written in this agreement, that UAX pilots would also be charged for a seat while traveling under the provisions of unlimited jumpseat travel on their own carrier, as well as other UAX flights.

Needless to say, the UAX pilots are outraged with this agreement. The UAL-MEC Jumpseat Committee is also in agreement that there be no charges levied for a jumpseat, flight deck or cabin. UAX pilots jumpseat agreements allow for unlimited jumpseats to all offline carriers as well as their own pilots. We fully support these UAX carriers in their efforts to exercise their agreements to their fullest .However, we cannot negotiate on their behalf, nor can we represent them in discussions with their respective managements. We will do everything we can to support these UAX pilots with their endeavors.

With this new policy being implemented, there may be some disgruntled UAX pilots who will accuse the UAL-MEC Jumpseat Committee and UA flight ops of being responsible for this policy change. Flights ops and your Jumpseat Committee are in no way responsible for its content. If you jumpseat on a UAX flight, you may encounter a UAX pilot who that may want to deny you a jumpseat. We have not seen any correspondence from the UAX jumpseat chairpersons that they would deny our pilots a jumpseat because of this new policy. Therefore, these pilots may be acting on their own behalf. Should you encounter a denial as a result of this policy change, we ask that you contact the Jumpseat Committee as soon as possible. We will not tolerate this conduct and will make the UAX Jumpseat Committee chairs aware of this immediately.

Where United Airlines and the UAX managements have entered into this agreement, it is incumbent upon the UAX pilot groups to confront their managements with these policy changes and correct them as appropriate. Your Jumpseat Committee will offer any assistance it can to the UAX committee chairs in getting this policy, as it pertains to jumpseating, reversed.

So what would you expects UAL pilots to do for y'all? Strike?

Wow, so in essence, a pilot now has to PAY to be an additional crew member or can you opt-out of the ACM responsibilities since it is 'pay-to-ride' like everyone else?

If I were a UAX pilot, I might be regretting the temper tantrums this spring to leverage the UAL MEC to fight my fights....

Now, the UAX pilots have an issue with their management and UAL managment... not sure were the UAL pilots are involved but it sure would be nice to have friends....

If I were a UAX pilot, I might be regretting the temper tantrums this spring to leverage the UAL MEC to fight my fights....

Now, the UAX pilots have an issue with their management and UAL managment... not sure were the UAL pilots are involved but it sure would be nice to have friends....

This isn't an issue that stems from UAX management. This is a United management issue and only the United pilots can peacefully influence United management. The only option UAX pilots have to fight this now is the nuclear option of pulling reciprocal agreements. After untold pilots are fired in subsequent aftermath of attendance reliability issues on both sides maybe the United pilots will finally figure out that they are the only ones who can directly affect the behavior of their management group, for better or for worse.

Oh well....I'm sure that in the mean time the United MEC can keep themselves busy with the childish pranks they are famous for. Whats next? "Glenn's Got To Go" beer mugs?

What's wrong with enforcing truly "reciprocal" agreements? If you allow multiple free jumpseats...so will I....If you charge for jumpseats...so will I.....Maybe we can all charge UAL pilots to jumpseat and pocket the money....

Sorry Rez...The ONLY way this gets solved is if the UAX pilots make an issue with UAL and UAL pilots...otherwise nothing will happen...

When ASA didn't offer the jumpseat to other carriers, those carriers wouldn't let us jumpseat....That made it a priority for us in our negotiations...If those carriers hadn't refused us, we wouldn't have made it such a priority....Hardball works!

This isn't an issue that stems from UAX management. This is a United management issue and only the United pilots can peacefully influence United management. The only option UAX pilots have to fight this now is the nuclear option of pulling reciprocal agreements. After untold pilots are fired in subsequent aftermath of attendance reliability issues on both sides maybe the United pilots will finally figure out that they are the only ones who can directly affect the behavior of their management group, for better or for worse.

Oh well....I'm sure that in the mean time the United MEC can keep themselves busy with the childish pranks they are famous for. Whats next? "Glenn's Got To Go" beer mugs?

I agree. However, the UAX pilots used vinegar in this past spring, not honey. The UAL pilots may very well be the path for resolution for the UAX pilots... Desite the fact that the UAL pilots really have nothing to do with this. That is why is it good form and politics to create alliances and friends.

Are the UAX pilots going to use vinegar again? I guess we will see.... In the mean time, who is playing who? So when this situation gets resolved and in six months UAL management pulls another play... how are the UAX pilots going to respond?

When does it end?

Latest resources

Back