UAL training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

contrail67

Just curious if United puts you up in a hotel during new hire training or do you have to get your own place.
Thanks.

They said we were on our own for the hotel. You get the 70 hour guarantee, but nobody mentioned per diem. They said there will be website with all the information, but the site was down last time I checked.

When I was hired at UAL in July, 2000, we paid for our hotels and food. We received guarantee paid and not per diem. I doubt that has changed much.

When I was hired at UAL in July, 2000, we paid for our hotels and food. We received guarantee paid and not per diem. I doubt that has changed much.

Except for the $32/hr to start and the 3-4 years it will take to get back to your old pay. No 401k match is that right? And a guarantee of 70hrs or something?...Trust me...I've applied, but with the hope that mgmt gets a clue and a direction and that the pilots can somehow get some sh*t back before I'd have to make a decision if it came to that. Wow this whole not putting you up thing is definitely just another reason to ask myself...would I really be willing to do this?

That is completely crazy! A company that requires you to be somewhere else and will not pay for it. I would expect it from some sleezebag outfit but not a major carrier. We all run into airline workers (mx, bag, etc..) in the airports that are going somewhere at the companies request...I'm know that they are getting their lodging paid for.

What a messed up industry!

my father had to pay for his hotel while in training at UAL back in 1978.

I think the DAL guy pay/paid for their hotel also

when Airtran hired me in 3/2001 the package they sent me state that hotel while in training in ATl was on us.

Pay for your Hotel in Training

US Airways in the past has always paid for your hotel as a new hire in training.

Now that we are on the verge of hiring off the street again, I am not sure if we will still keep that policy.

I hope so.

I know it is a different beast, but at the fractionals, we were given paid airline tickets, and put up in a hotel for the interview. When we went to in-doc and school to get typed we got per-deim and was put up in a hotel.

On a different note, and I hope this doesn't sidetrack this thread, but does anyone know what one could reasonably expect to make year 1,2, and 3 at United. I come from a different culture and have no idea about how overtime works, how easy it is to get or how it can be maximized.

Latest resources

Back