Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
This week is supposed end with the announcement from ALPA. As long as the panel is finished, which by all accounts and emails they are, the merger committees for both sides should have the results in their hands sometime Thursday night and I'm speculating release after 5 PM on Friday the 30th with a long 4 day weekend to stew.

To see where you stand, one proposal to the other or from one end of the spectrum to the other, go to

http://reunionlane.com/united_seniority/

and put in your employee number. To see the UAL proposal if you are a CAL pilot, you have to put in a 0 in front of your number.

For me, the difference between the two proposals are 2612 numbers. Quite a large spread between the two. I think most of us are hoping for something in the middle as both proposals shoot for the moon.

I don't know the source of that information, but it's not correct. I was hired in 2000 at LUAL. LCAL's proposal stapled me to the bottom of the list. Twice; once with my LUAL number and once with my LCAL number. (I'm not upset; I found it humorous).
The LUAL proposal put around 60 LCAL pilots below me.

I used my LUAL number in both models and the LCAL proposal has me 180 numbers above the LUAL proposal. So the two models aren't using the same data; it appears that the LUAL model has 250 additional pilots on their list.

I also tried to use my LCAL number, N7xxx. I tried multiple combinations - 007xxx, 0n7xxx, n07xxx. No luck using any of those methods.

Bottom line: this is looking like garbage in, garbage out. The two proposed lists have different numbers of pilots on them. My uninformed guess is that there are about 250 more pilots above me on the LUAL proposed combined list than on the LCAL proposed combined list.
Don't get too stressed out about the difference in numbers that each proposal cranks out.

All the best to everyone; the arbs have already made the combined list and it's time to move forward.

This week is supposed end with the announcement from ALPA. As long as the panel is finished, which by all accounts and emails they are, the merger committees for both sides should have the results in their hands sometime Thursday night and I'm speculating release after 5 PM on Friday the 30th with a long 4 day weekend to stew.

To see where you stand, one proposal to the other or from one end of the spectrum to the other, go to

http://reunionlane.com/united_seniority/

and put in your employee number. To see the UAL proposal if you are a CAL pilot, you have to put in a 0 in front of your number.

For me, the difference between the two proposals are 2612 numbers. Quite a large spread between the two. I think most of us are hoping for something in the middle as both proposals shoot for the moon.

BOTH proposals shoot for the moon???? YGTBFKM... Is this Jabba??

Just remember, the only guy that won't be even a little bit pi$$ed will be the number 1 guy. But, the arbitrators will have an explanation to their ruling, so you can try to understand it. And, instead of being mad at each other or mad at management, you can be mad at someone outside your workplace, the arbitrators. That is why it is good. And you always have something to talk about in the cockpit, "how I got screwed in the merger...." :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

And if you don't like the results you can just toss ALPA and start your own union. It will work out just fine.

Latest resources

Back