UAL Pilots take Skywest and Mesa jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus1,

Hey man, be nice. I think Scope is a little harsh, but he just wants what everyone else wants--security. I don't know if he is a "Deltoid", but he was flamed by your responses, and you by his. A lot of us just want to do well and fly planes, and we each have our own wants and needs. Relax.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Carl_Everett said:
How can you say it will not hurt anyone else? Remember all of the pay cuts at SkyWest and Airwisky? Guess where that money is going...

Sorry for jumping in late in the game, especially if somebody already pointed this out, but....nobody at SkyWest (excepting management and even they didn't get a total paycut) took a "paycut" in that current pay rates were not reduced. I will grant that block hours have been less of late and in effect, that could be construed as a paycut.

There is however a "pay freeze" in effect, and that prevents current rates from going any higher for the time being.

surplus1 said:
Delta board? Where's that? Force my way into a career for which I was never intended? That is amusing.

I think you have a couple of options that you should consider. a) unmask yourself and acknowledge that you are an unhappy deltoid masquerading as a "concerned regional pilot", or b) buy your self a double-breasted suit with brass buttons and parade before your bedroom mirror on a regular basis. That way you can impress yourself even more.

For the record, I'm happy with the career I've had and that happiness includes the fact that I was fortunate enough to avoid the cultural overtones of Atlanta. You are correct, I was never intended for the culture of the Delta pilot group and I have managed to successfully avoid it. That sir is a blessing, but it really has nothing to do with careers.

Thank you for the pity. As they say, every little bit helps. However, I couldn't honestly say that I find you entertaining. Uniformed, somewhat inflated by your own image, and decidedly less than smart, but not entertaining. Phony would be closer to my assessment.

I don't have a movement, I merely support one. You may think that it is losing ground if you wish; whatever gives you solace. It will produce neither wealth nor aircraft, but there is high probability that it will end the arrogance of your ilk. That's enough for me.

I am an older man, but I haven't lost my place, neither in the world nor in the debate, and I'm not bitter. What's more I won't allow myself to be insulted by a misguided and arrogant kid. Too old for that. I don't pity you though, I'm just amazed at your ability to demonstrate with such aplomb and expertise the folly of youth that you have mastered. I made the mistake of thinking you had something serious to say. I was wrong and for that I apologize. Henceforth I'll just accept you for what you are, now that I've learned there's a vacuum between your ears.

May you always have tailwinds and may The Force be with you.

I rest my case. Unbelievable that this guy is allowed to fly airplanes. If your f/o pi$$es you off, do you club him with the ax? BTW the "Delta board" comment was tongue in cheek, as you turn everything you touch here into Delta vs DCI. As I said, you guys are easy.

--a concerned regional pilot

scope this!

Originally posted by scopeCMRandASA

Where were you, buckaroo?

Yeah, I was. The Delta MEC followed the guidance of the Comair MEC to the letter. What was done was EXACTLY what was asked for from the Comair MEC. Go ask them. I walked the line with Comair pilots. I contributed to their fund outside of the assessment. You weren't there or else you would know that all strike requests were complied with and much flying which was not acceptable was turned down by Delta pilots. Deal with the truth.

He seems to know a lot about the Delta MEC operation for a "concerned regional pilot." Does this paragraph sound familiar?

"This board has taken up too much of my time, and has now gotten to the point where it is no longer of any value to me as a forum for the exchange of information. It has unfortunately deteriorating to the point where people are as interested in personal attacks as they are in the issues. I have tried to stay above the fray, but am not always successful."

Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone? Is Elvis still alive? Is it a coincidence that "scopeCMRandASA" emerged a few days after "FlyDeltaJets" sanctimonious sign off?

I put in a call to Miss Cleo but no one is answering the phone.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Surplus1,

Hey man, be nice. I think Scope is a little harsh, but he just wants what everyone else wants--security. I don't know if he is a "Deltoid", but he was flamed by your responses, and you by his. A lot of us just want to do well and fly planes, and we each have our own wants and needs. Relax.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

General,

You and I have had many disagreements on this board. You never offended me or attacked me personally and I haven't attacked you personally. That's the way it should be. We can argue about the issues until the cows come home and that's no problem.

When someone decides to attack me personally, as opposed to attacking my ideas, he/she can count on receiving the same in return. I'll bend over backwards to get along with anyone, but I will not bend forwards, grab my ankles and ask for more. That's just the way it is.

If you don't want personal attacks, then don't make personal attacks. That's what that brat did and that's what he got in return.

I'm all for people that want job security, and that includes me and my fellow Comair pilots. I don't want your job and no one in my pilot group has attacked your job. However, everyone in your pilot group needs to understand that we will resist attacks on our security and career progression. We didn't start a scrap, but we have no intention of running away from one that anyone else chooses to start.

You see we're really just like you guys. There are dam*ed few inferiority complexes among Comair pilots. That may well be why we sometimes quarrel. You guys all think your sh!t don't stink. Most of us think the same way.

We'll shake hands with you and be your friends anytime you want. We just don't intend to ride in the back of anybody's bus and we're not giving up our seats just because someone who thinks they're important got on the bus. We both paid the same fare and we'll sit where we choose, as long as that seat is not occupied by someone else. We expect you to do the same.

By the way, we also use the same lunch counters, the same restrooms and the same drinking fountains. Anyone that can't live with that .... can stand by for incoming.

Surplus1

PS. You're a good guy General and looking out for your buddies is worthy of praise. Keep it up, and I mean that. One day we'll be shaking hands and all this crap will go away. In the final analysis we are all .... just airline pilots.

Surplus1,

I agree, and someday we will shake hands. We both like to toot our own horns, but in the end we are all trying to help Delta be profitable. I do see where scope attacked you, and that really wasn't nice, and I can see why you wrote what you did. There really shouldn't be an personal attacks on this board, period. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Re: scope this!

N2264J said:
He seems to know a lot about the Delta MEC operation for a "concerned regional pilot." Does this paragraph sound familiar?

"This board has taken up too much of my time, and has now gotten to the point where it is no longer of any value to me as a forum for the exchange of information. It has unfortunately deteriorating to the point where people are as interested in personal attacks as they are in the issues. I have tried to stay above the fray, but am not always successful."

Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone? Is Elvis still alive? Is it a coincidence that "scopeCMRandASA" emerged a few days after "FlyDeltaJets" sanctimonious sign off?

I put in a call to Miss Cleo but no one is answering the phone.

While I'm honored that so many people seem to remember me, I'm a little disappointed that they think I'd have to set up another screen name to voice my opinions.

What, was I shy before?

I still lurk occasionally, but if I feel the need to post, I'll do it under my own screen name.

I'm not all that concerned whether you believe me or not, but if it worries you, I invite you to ask the moderator.

HHEEESSS BAAAAAAACK!

What we all want to know, is SCOPECOMAIRANDASA an Alter Ego? Can we scope SCOPECOMAIRANDASA?

Re: scope this!

FlyDeltasJets said:
While I'm honored that so many people seem to remember me, I'm a little disappointed that they think I'd have to set up another screen name to voice my opinions.

What, was I shy before?

I still lurk occasionally, but if I feel the need to post, I'll do it under my own screen name.

I'm not all that concerned whether you believe me or not, but if it worries you, I invite you to ask the moderator.

The world rejoices as FlyDeltaJets comes out of retirement after only 4 weeks to defend his name from the aspiring Delta butt boy, scopeCMRandASA, concerned regional pilot.

Angels wept.

Is is pronounced tomato or tomato? Is Homer Simpson and Krusty the Clown portrayed by the same actor? Does FlyDeltaJets have two Email accounts?

For the answer to these questions, I put in a call to Miss Cleo for mafreereadin'. THE NUMBER'S BEEN DISCONNECTED! What am I supposed to do?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back