• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL hiring ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thinking, guys and all very insightful.

Sometimes though, you gotta go with your gut. I'll go with mine (it's one of the biggest things I have) and reason that true, you cut fleets like they did and it makes for too many pilots, but we still have LOTS of guys retiring in the next few years. Loads are up and we can put an hour or two more of utilization on the airframes we have now when the time comes. True to form and history, UAL has again overreacted.

I'll take the C-note bet and go with the gut. Recalls sometime in '03. They're not going to let AA or anybody else grab market share in a big way.

PS. have a little faith in your buddies still working.

UAL78!!!!!!!! GREAT to see you on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, we'll all have to take you up on the C note bet...03 hmmmm. Well time's clicking away, so we're edging closer and closer to getting through 02 with 03 around the corner. Hope you're right about UAL willing to aggressively defend market share. But it's no longer AMR that they're going to have to defend against, it's Frontier, AK, Horizon, and now I hear NWA, not to mention SWA's continual assault. I know UAL can do it...just need the right leadership to make it happen. Creighton appears to be engaged with his heart in the right place.

DF

Latest resources

Back