• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ual hiring discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my best Johnny Carson voice "I did NOT know that!" :)

That's because they were hiring into the 757/767, not the 777. There were a few 757/767 newhire slots available. No newhires got the 777.

You can file Rattler's post in the same file as the statement from some CAL line pilots that there are some LUAL 777s that aren't ETOPS certified. LOL!

Ok after reading that I'll go with 2014

My money's on late 2013. A lot of LUAL bypassers won't want to go to the LCAL side and will hold out until the LUAL side recalls. ... and furloughees have 10 years' recall rights so most that are coming back immediately already have. There will be a few who come back with the new contract but I doubt that it'll be large numbers.

That's because they were hiring into the 757/767, not the 777. There were a few 757/767 newhire slots available. No newhires got the 777.

You can file Rattler's post in the same file as the statement from some CAL line pilots that there are some LUAL 777s that aren't ETOPS certified. LOL!

Actually Rattler is right. I remember getting bypassed on the 777 bid and seeing new hires going right into it. This happened in '06 to early '07.

They did hire atleast 2 classes, maybe 3 classes directly into the 777. I went into the 777 after 14 months at CAL. Of course after CAL reduced domestic capacity all the junior 737 Captains became FO's on the 777 and the junior 777 FO's went to the 737.

It's true, newhires did go directly into the 777 at CAL. I believe 01/30/07 was one of the classes that had 777 slots. There was also much more than 'just a few' 757/767 slots.

It's true, newhires did go directly into the 777 at CAL. I believe 01/30/07 was one of the classes that had 777 slots. There was also much more than 'just a few' 757/767 slots.

Yep. A ton of classes were half 737 and half 756. The 777 was offered in some new hire classes. It wasn't that common, but it did happen.

Yep. A ton of classes were half 737 and half 756. The 777 was offered in some new hire classes. It wasn't that common, but it did happen.

So, what you're saying is that there were a few 777 pilots that didn't have company sponsored health insurance for the first 6 months? YAY!! I bet Nimitz was one of them.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So, what you're saying is that there were a few 777 pilots that didn't have company sponsored health insurance for the first 6 months?
Then there's the CA who showed up to find all three of the IROs were new FOs still on probation! He slept like a baby.

Latest resources

Back